Chapter |20| The Forbidden Fruit

Start from the beginning

I had this sudden craving, this urge to eat more and more and more and never stop eating it.

What the fuck was happening to me?

My arms shot out and grabbed another piece of fruit from the small pile behind Sienna. She gladly moved out of my way as I dove for more, grabbing two at a time and greedily scoffing them both down within seconds.

It wasn't enough though, I needed more.

I lunged at Sienna, about to throttle her until she gave up the location of this new found drug I'd become addicted to, when Ivy stepped in my way.

That was fine, I had no problem killing both of them.

"Stop. Hands down to the side." I was about to laugh in the face at how she expected me to act like some obedient dog, when I did exactly what she said. I looked down at my arms in total confusion, and tried to move them but they stay glued to my side.

Sienna and Ivy both looked at each other in total disbelief, before bursting out into laughter. "It actually worked." Ivy breathed out, staring at me in total awe.

"We definitely have to read more of that book." Sienna added, grabbing an old dusty book from her bag. She flipped it open and then stopped on a page with a bright smile on her face.

"It says here that the spell will act indefinitely until the cure is given. Guess we've got ourselves a little toy to play with. This is amazing, we can give the fruit to the other two as well and then they'll be just us and we can let Hardin choose between us." She said giddily, before going back to reading the page.

If I knew Ivy, and I did, there was no way she was going to let naive little Sienna last until the end. She would probably just use her to help get rid of us and then kill her in her sleep or something evil like that.

"Dance." Ivy ordered, her eyebrow arched and her arms crossed over her chest. My body acted on its own and soon enough I was prancing around like a ballerina to Sienna and Ivy's obnoxious laughter.

"Stop." I freeze, my arm extended out and balancing carefully on one leg.

"Fall." I drop to the ground in a heap, my head collided with the grass and I frantically searched the grounds for someone to save me but Rory was nowhere to be seen and Astrid was too faraway to see what was happening.

"Go to the fountain, make yourself completely drenched in water, strip to your underwear and then bathe in the fountain." Oh no.

My body pulled itself up and I walked at a brisk pace towards the fountain, my tormenters just inches behind.

The fountain was almost the size of a large pool and definitely deep enough to the drown in. There was a huge sculpture in the centre made of solid granite of an angel playing the harp. Her body covered with a single sheet and her eyes shut as her fingers pluck the strings ever so delicately, and I was about to strip and then swim in it.

I was definitely going to hell after this.

I gingerly climbed in, careful of the slippery surface, and slid down to my knees. I cupped a handful of water in my hands and poured it over my head, before submerging myself into it fully. I come back up for air and smoothed my dripping wet hair back.

I ripped off my cardigan first and threw it on the grass next to me. Slowly, I slipped a finger under each of the thin straps holding up my dress and yanked them down. I silently thanked Flo for laying out a bra for me this morning and pulled down down my dress until my bellybutton was exposed.

Oh god! I was freaking out for what was to come next, knowing that my panties weren't exactly the most conservative pair. I pulled it off completely and laid it flat on the side of the fountain, hoping it would dry with the bright sun beaming down onto it.