42💔

"You two are unbelievable."

Jimin exclaimed in disbelief. They all were sitting at the cafeteria. And Jimin was continuously whining that both of  his friends got A plus grade and there he was who got B.

"I'm proud of you kook."

Jin spoke drinking coke. And eating his burger.

"maybe my company is influencing you all a lot."

Jin spoke in a smug tone as if he's the one who should be praised. Yoongi tried hard to not roll his eyes cause he didn't want a beating from Jin.

"I'm proud of you all. You all did really good in all of your assignments. Do your best in written exams too."

"Thank you hyung."

Taehyung displayed his boxy smile to Namjoon. Jungkook wasn't there with them. And Taehyung didn't know where he was since he hadn't seen him after the class.

Taehyung looked around trying to spot Jungkook but he didn't find him. Biting his lips in anticipation that the other would show up may moment his eyes keep wandering around. Finally getting impatient he stood up, making everyone look at him.

"Hyung, I'll go look for Jungkook."

The others nodded. he picked up his bag and started making his way out of the cafeteria. He searched all the classes but couldn't find him. So now he was walking towards the locker room.

He tried calling him too but the other wasn't picking up. He let out a yelp when suddenly someone covered his eyes, with his hands.

He frowned, not familiar with the touch. It wasn't Jungkook's.

"Who's this?"

Taehyung questioned and the person laughed.

"I was supposed to ask you."

Taehyung relaxed a bit, now knowing who the person was as he recognised his voice but still he wasn't comfortable so he tried removing his hands but that resulted into something he didn't expect.

The person held his hands in his own and brought them lower, to his belly encircling them there. Taehyung struggled to get his hands out of his hold.

"Let go Minjun this isn't funny anymore."

He frowned hearing him chuckle.

"Tae why are you so reluctant to be close to your friend huh?"

"If you are my friend then act like one. You are making me uncomfortable."

"So you meant to say we are acting like a couple ?"

"Minjun that's not the poin-"

He stopped mid-sentence, when his eyes landed on his boyfriend standing there looking shocked. A sudden wave of panic rushed through taehyung's body. He didn't know what to do. His hands lost strength and fell to his sides. His mind was blank, eyes staring at his boyfriend's face, not breaking the eye contact. Finally he felt the body against him disappear, indicating that boy had stepped away.

Without another word Minjun left, leaving him alone with Jungkook, who hadn't uttered a word. Before he could open his lips to clarify--- if Jungkook had assumed something but was cut off by the aforementioned boy's words.

"I... I was called by Mr. Lee, he wanted some assistance in a project, that's why I was late."

Taehyung was confused. He was supposed to be clarifying whatever was happening a while ago but here Jungkook is telling him the reason of his late presence. He was startled again when Jungkook took a step forward and------ caressed his cheeks?

"I was heading home, you wanna go?"

Taehyung looked in Jungkook's eye's searching for any kind of negative emotions but he didn't understand what emotions the other was holding. So he just nodded hesitatingly.

During the car ride, all Taehyung can think of was;

'Is this really a normal reaction? Not even a question?'

He looked at Jungkook who looked surprisingly calm and in a good mood. Taehyung looked at his lap, fiddling with his fingers. They reached his penthouse. And as usual, Jungkook went to the other side to open the door for Taehyung.

Just as they stepped inside the penthouse, after exiting the lift he spoke.

"Jungkookie .... I'm.. I'm sorry. It's nothing like that. He is just a friend."

He whispered softly looking at Jungkook who was staring at him with blank expressions. Taehyung didn't know what to do. But Jungkook's next words relaxed him a bit.

"I trust you babe."

With that he smiled and gently tucked taehyung's hair behind his ear. And moved his face to give him a small peck. Taehyung swore he was finally able to breathe properly. So he smiled lightly too.

Soon the night fell. Darkness enveloping their room. With Taehyung curled into Jungkook's embrace, sleeping peacefully. His little snores, that were like beautiful rhythms to Jungkook's ears. Jungkook wasn't able to sleep. He turned his head slightly to look at Taehyung.

The scene replaying in his mind. He knew how much patience it took for him to control his rage and act civil. He let out a frustrated sigh remembering, Minjun's smirk. He didn't say anything because he didn't want to upset Taehyung but it was true he was upset by Taehyung's actions. He shouldn't have let that boy to act that touchy with him.

Jungkook rubbed his temple in frustration. He knew that Minjun didn't seem to have very good intentions but he can at least trust Taehyung. He won't give in to his plans.

his brain don't work like others. he knew how easily he gets triggered.

He sighed again and stood up, carefully adjusting Taehyung on the bed, not to disturb his sleep and went towards the bathroom. He opened the cupboard behind the mirror and took out his medicines. He came out of the bathroom and sat at the edge of the bed.

Swallowing the medicines and drinking the water, that was placed on the side table, he felt at peace.

He was startled a bit hearing taehyung's voice.

"What are you doing kookie?"

"Ah...I was just drinking some water, my throat felt dry."

Taehyung nodded sleepily and Jungkook slid beneath the covers again. Taehyung immediately snuggled up to his chest. Wrapping his hands around his body. Jungkook placed his arms on taehyung's body and closed his eyes, finally drifting off to dreamland.

He decided to ignore this matter for now.

___________