Scene IX

(Later that night, at Almack's Club. The PRINCE OF WALES, SHERIDAN, LORD LOUGHBOROUGH, LORD STORMONT, the DUKE OF DEVONSHIRE, and other WHIGS are gathered around FOX as he plays a game of quinze at a candlelit table. As the spectators wait in anticipation, FOX suddenly wins the round, collecting a large sum of money. Everyone cheers, especially the giddy PRINCE OF WALES, who hugs FOX and kisses his cheek in celebration.)

(The party gets rowdier as they begin drinking more heavily. What had begun with a few glasses of wine has now progressed into whole bottles of champagne and brandy being consumed in minutes by the small crowd. As they get wasted, they drunkenly sing and dance with one another.)

(Eventually, the PRINCE OF WALES becomes sick and vomits outside, with the aid of FOX, who vigorously pats his back while helping him to stand up straight.)

PRINCE OF WALES

(Slurring his words)

Tomorrow...not tonight...too drunk... Tomorrow, I'll go to Maria's... Tell her I love her... Bring her back to Carlton...

FOX

(Less drunk)

Yes, yes, that's my Prinny. Good lad. Go tomorrow, yes.

(FOX helps the PRINCE OF WALES back inside, where they continue drinking and celebrating. Cut to SCENE X.)