Gianna: Social Media Ain't Real Life

Mulai dari awal

"Still obsessing over some Instagram kid you barely even know?" She had asked Gianna, shaking her head at her.

She had been doing so for the entire journey.

So if Gianna had failed this test, it was all on her and nobody else.

But she didn't care.

She loved Jhacari.

Jhacari was her superstar.

"He's not just some Instagram kid, he's Jhacari Blunt, girl!" Gianna beamed. "Look how many followers he has!"

Even though Natalia genuinely wanted nothing to do with this conversation, Gianna had still decided to flash Jhacari's Instagram profile in front of Natalia's face anyway...

Causing her to roll her eyes at Gianna again.

She had lowered her sister's phone away from her before staring straight at her and frowning.

It wasn't that Natalia was in a bad mood, no.. of course she wasn't.

She just didn't want Gianna to get caught up with people's seemingly perfectly curated lives on Instagram.

"Don't get caught up with people's profiles online, sis... especially with social media sites such as Instagram and Snapchat, where y'all can post pictures and all that," she warned. "Jhacari's life may seem cool but is it really? You never really know what's going on behind the scenes."

Yeah she did.

He was probably having a party.

That was what was happening.

She was telling her this because Natalia had had a friend earlier, who's life had seemed perfect on Instagram.

But after getting to know her on a deeper level?

She had found out many things about her friend that no one would have guessed, especially after seeing her perfectly curated Instagram pictures.

Unfortunately, she was dead now, she had died in a car crash two years ago, and Natalia genuinely didn't want Gianna getting caught up with someone that she had barely even known on Instagram.

Sadly though, Gianna didn't really seem to be getting the message at all, flashing pictures of Jhacari right in front of Natalia's face again even though she didn't care.

Jesus Christ.

How obsessed was this kid?

She was literally looking at photos of Jhacari from like ten weeks ago.

Luckily though, as Jhacari was a pretty famous, he would have probably had a lot of notifications to deal with, because if not?

And he had seen Gianna liking his pictures from ten weeks ago?

He would have most likely thought she was crazy.

Kobe had been driving the girls for a while, but all of a sudden, the police were surrounding him.

None of the girls knew why this was going on in the first place, so when the car had suddenly stopped, Natalia was really confused as to why this was the case.

"LAPD, hands down."

"What's going on, dad?"

Kobe genuinely had no idea what was happening to any of them right now, but when the police had told him to stay out of the vehicle, he had argued.

"Why you tryna arrest me for, huh? Because I'm black? Is that it? Unbelievable."

The police had told him to stay out of the vehicle with his girls but Kobe didn't listen, he was trying to fight for his skin colour.

When Natalia and Gianna had stepped out of the vehicle like the police officers had told them to do, Kobe was extremely furious at them, for actually listening to them.

The police had kept on forcing him to exit the car, whilst some other people had done some stop and search on his daughters.

The white officer that was right near Kobe's car had kept telling Kobe to leave, otherwise they had no choice really but to shoot him.

But Kobe refused.

"Oh what, so if I was white, you wouldn't stop and search me? You guys have got to stop with these stereotypes that black people are criminals. Black lives matter too."

The white police officer had cocked the gun at him, that was until some black dude who had witnessed everything that was going on right now had realised that Kobe Bryant was Kobe Bryant.

He kindly had asked the white police officer to have mercy on Kobe for this fact alone, but the police officer had refused to do so, only really leading to even more conflict than before.

"Please. He's just trying to get Gianna to some interview for basketball camp. You don't have to do all of this."  Natalia cried.

Gianna was off of Instagram now, because she was very distressed yet extremely annoyed about the whole situation.

Not only that.

They were now running ten minutes late because of the police stopping and searching them, but luckily for them?

The police had listened to the black guy that had told him to left them off the hook because he was Kobe Bryant and the two girls he was with in the car were his children.

The girls had thanked him for letting them free, before they had gotten into the car again.

Gianna had truly wanted to know what all of that was about, with Kobe falling silent for a while before saying anything else.

"The police were placing stereotypes on us because we're black. They're condemning us for our skin colour, and that's not good."

He had then reversed his car, telling the girls that he was going to take a U Turn in case the same thing had happened again.

No one had talked to each other for the rest of the journey, as they were too traumatised to do so, although Gianna had still kept looking at Jhacari's Instagram life, sighing to herself.

I bet he would have never had to go through all that.

At all.

I wish we swapped positions.

Please don't believe everything you see online, the happiest faces could hide the most tears