34. Again...

Naomi

"Does this dress make me look fat?"

I rolled my eyes for the fifth time since we got started. LaLa and I are out shopping for our double date tonight. She is currently eight and three quarters along in her pregnancy. My girl is glowing, but I can see the slight ting of sadness in her eyes every time that she looks in a mirror. Something was bothering her more than being bloated with life.

"For the last time, no. You're just extra sexy", I grumbled sending a quick response to my husband.

She sighed letting out a string of curses before walking back into the dressing rooms to change again. I had already found my attire for the night. LaLa, not so much. She seemed to hate nearly anything she tried on making it near impossible for her to find anything to wear. I thought that my girl looked good in everything she wore. However, she felt otherwise leading to this moment going on four hours of shopping. Next time I am sending Nathaniel to shop with her.

I let out a sigh in frustration as I waited for Lelita to step out of the dressing room to show me outfit number six. I was bored and I wanted to get home to my babies before they were shipped off to their grandparents' home for the rest of the day. Meaning I would not be seeing my babies until tomorrow afternoon. My anxiety has gotten better over time. Therefore I am comfortable with them being away from me without me having a panic attack.

"What about this?", my sister's familiar voice called timidly.

I allowed my eyes to rake over her form. She was dressed in a form-hugging orange Maxie dress. She looked beautiful in my opinion, but something told me that she would not believe me if I said so.

"How do you like it?", I said playing it safe.

My girl is pregnant and I could already sense her discomfort and displeasure. I was not trying to have her pop off inside of a clothing store in the mall.

"It's okay, I guess. It just looks so plain", she retorted. "Everything is so plain", she murmured.

I do not think that she intended for me to hear her. I heard her though. Loud and clearly I heard her. This was not the LaLa I knew. Something was definitely bothering her.

"Okay. I'll pick your clothes and pay while you sit right here and rest yourself feet. We do not have much time before the kids leave to their grandparents and I want to see my babies off", I suggested before skittering off without waiting on her reply.

I may have fibbed a bit. Sue me. I was ready to go and she obviously needed someone at the moment. So I killed two birds with one stone.

Making my way through the store I began compiling her an outfit that would compliment her figure and her bump at the same time. It was sexy, chic, and comfortable.