29. We're so different.

A/N.; This is going to be short, but straight to the point, pretty much. You will feel some type of way. Vote & comment, loves! Deuces! ✌🏾🤟🏾💜

P.S. I hope everyone is doing okay and are safe.
_____________

Naomi

It was so hard for me to walk away from Neil. I did not want to, but I had to. I could not look him the face any longer while knowing that I was no longer happy. It was not fair to him. It was not fair to either one of us.

"Are you sure that you don't want me to come with you, babe?"

The sound of his voice brought me out of my reveries. I shuddered. Letting out a sigh I turned to face him. A small smile spread over my face.

"I am sure, Ishmel. This won't take long. I will be back soon", I retorted before allowing him to kiss my cheek.

Again, I shuddered. His beard hairs scraped my cheek gently. Offering one last smile I climbed into his car before driving over to our house. Ishmel said that by using his car, he would have a better peace of mind. So that is what I am doing.

I do not want to alarm him. Nor do I want to trouble him. He has been good to me these past few weeks. He even apologized for being such a dick to me years ago, and that night at the club.

Letting out a sigh of frustration, I climbed out of the car. I did not want to be back here. Especially, not after the pictures I received of them together. It hurt seeing my husband with someone else. I still love him.

Making my way up to our floor, a feeling of nostalgia washed over me. All of the memories we made filled my head. I felt my eyes begin to water. I did not want for this to how we ended.

Ting!

The elevator doors swooshed open. Raising my head high, I stepped off of the elevator walking pass a smug-looking Madison that had been doing the walk of shame. I felt a pang hit my heart.

I said nothing as a tear spilled from my eye down my cheek as I continued down the hall to our door. Was it even still our door? He seems to have already moved on from me. I guess he really didn't need me anymore.

Raising my hand to knock the door swung open. My heart plummeted to the depths of hell beside Lucky's father. There stood Nathaniel with water still dripping from his hair and a towel loosely hung around his hips as if he had been in a hurry to get to the door.

His eyes did not meet mine though. They looked right past me meeting the figure of another. I did not turn around. I could not turn around. My feet were rooted to the ground.

I felt a presence approaching, but still, I made no move to turn. The scent of cheap perfume invaded my hostile as she came to stand beside me. Reaching out his hand, Nathaniel held a small clutch out to her.

"Oh, geez, thanks. I had totally forgotten to grab it. You're still saving my life, Nate. I'll see you later", Madison said flirtatiously.

A lump formed in my throat watching as he nodded his head in agreement with her. Then she kissed his cheek, too close to his mouth for comfort before casting me a smug look and taking her leave.