Kurtis Conner x Reader

Dedicated to blk_royalty

   Y/N'S POV

  I opened my front door and said,"Yes, Kurtis?"

  Kurtis turned around and faced me saying,"Is this a bad time? Why are you so annoyed?"

  I said,"This is a bad time, actually, and I'm annoyed because Bolt decided to run away."

  Kurtis walked inside and closed the door behind him saying,"I'm sorry about Bolt. I know he's the one friend that you have that will hang out with you for more than an hour."

  I chuckled saying,"So, you've got jokes today, huh? That's great. That's great, Kurt, but you're right. Bolt may be another dog to everyone else, but he is the one friend that I do have that will put up with me for more than an hour a day."

  Kurtis motioned to himself and said,"Hey, I'm your friend."

  I shook my head saying,"No, you're my boyfriend that's my best friend for life. That's what you are, Conner, to me."

  Kurtis smiled at me and asked me,"How long has it been since Bolt ran away?"

  I looked at the time and said,"Only a few minutes, but I think he's going to see his girlfriend two blocks down."

  Kurtis laughed saying,"That could be true, but I'll help you look for him."

  I said,"Don't bother. Here's Bolt now."

  Kurtis turned around to see Bolt playing around with one of his toys he left in the front yard.

  Kurtis rushed over to Bolt, but Bolt ran away from Kurtis and up to me.

  I crouched down and said to Bolt,"Did you go to your girlfriend's house? What happened to telling me where you needed to go at least an hour in advance?"

  Bolt handed me his slobbery toy and barked up at me.

  I said,"Don't do this again, okay? Next time, give a woman an hour notice."

  Bolt barked at me again, then he ran inside.

  Kurtis walked up to me and asked me,"What's with the slobbery toy?"

  I smiled saying,"Bolt wants me to wash it. He thinks handing it to me means it will get done sooner. He's also trying to kiss up to me because he just got in trouble."

  Kurtis just smiled at me.

  I smiled back at him and said,"What?"

  Kurtis shook his head and said,"Nothing. Bolt's waiting on you."

  Kurtis and I walked inside, then Kurtis closed the front door and locked it. I rushed over to the washing machine and moved Bolt out of the way. I put his toy inside the washing machine and washed my hands after.

  I sat down on the couch and asked Kurtis,"What are your plans for the rest of the day?"

  Kurtis said,"I don't have any. I was just going to stay here until I needed to leave."

  I chuckled and motioned over to the cushion beside me saying,"You can sit right here. Hurry up before Bolt tries to sit there."

  Kurtis quickly sat down and pulled me into his arms.

  I asked Kurtis,"Do you want to watch a movie together?"

  Kurtis said,"Sure."

  Bolt ran into the living room and stared at Kurtis.

  I said,"Bolt, what's your problem?"

  Bolt began to bark at Kurtis, which caused me to say to Bolt,"Bolt, Kurtis can sit there. Stop it. You can sit where I was just sitting."

  Bolt jumped onto the couch and sat down. I leaned over and kissed Bolt on his head.

  Bolt looked back at me and licked my face.

  I laughed saying,"Okay, I love you, too. Don't scare, Kurtis, okay? I want him to stay."

  Kurtis smiled and kissed my cheek, then Bolt leaned on my arm. But as Kurtis and I watched the movie, I could tell that Bolt wanted my attention. So, when I was able to, I'd give Bolt some attention.