Darren Criss x Reader

Dedicated to MrNightmareFan22

   Y/N'S POV

  Don't you just love it when guys act like they don't hear you? Oh, it's the best feeling in the world. It really is. I hung up the phone on my ex-boyfriend, who had called me from an unknown number. He wanted me back, but I didn't want him back. I was trying to have a good life with good people that actually wanted to be here for me.

  I leaned back on the bench and someone said,"Rough day?"

  "Yeah. How long have you been..."

  Once I saw who was sitting beside me, I almost fell off the bench. I caught myself, and he laughed at my reaction to being this close to him. It was Darren Criss. I knew everything he had been in since I first became a fan of him.

  Darren held out his hand and said,"It looks like you're a fan of me. I'm Darren."

  I shook his hand saying,"I know. I'm Y/N."

  I slowly let go of his hand, and he said to me,"I'm sorry, but I overheard your conversation with whomever was on the phone. Are you okay?"

  I loved it when celebrities showed that they were human, even though people didn't always think of them that way.

  I looked him in the eyes saying,"Don't apologize. I was screaming, so it would have been impossible for you not to hear me. I'm not okay, to be honest. But, I'm not going to throw my personal issues at you."

  Darren looked down at his phone, and I thought,"Great, Y/N. You've officially bored Darren Criss. He's already looking at his phone."

  Darren then looked back at me saying,"How about this..I have somewhere I really have to be right now, but I can meet you right back here in three hours? Will that work for you?"

  I couldn't contain the smile on my face as I said to Darren,"You'd actually be interested in using your free time to talk to me?"

  Darren replied,"Why not? So, three hours from now right here, will that work?"

  I nodded saying,"That'll work."

  Darren got up and held his arms out for a hug. I slowly hugged him, before he hugged me back. When the hug was over, I tried to catch my breath. Darren sent me a smile, then he left. For the next three hours, I talked to my best friend on the phone about how my life was so much better than her own right now. Of course, I was just messing with her, but for real, I got to talk to Darren Criss.

  When Darren returned, he said,"So, Y/N. Enlighten me on your issues. I'm all ears."

  "You remembered my name?"

  Darren nudged me saying,"Of course I remembered your name. You only told me three hours and a couple of minutes ago."

  "Right. So, my ex and I didn't end things on a good note, and he's always calling me. The other day, I ran into him at the store, and I walked away, but I don't know why a part of me actually wanted him to keep me from leaving. I think it's because I convinced myself that he was the only guy that would ever put up with me. My ex and I haven't been together for almost seven months now, and no one's wanted to be with me. Maybe I'm just not likeable."

  Darren wrapped an arm around me and immediately said,"Y/N, me and you just met each other, but I can tell a few things about you already. You're sensitive, you're polite, and you're also smart for not getting back together with your ex. Just because you haven't been in another relationship since then, it doesn't mean that no one wants you. Y/N, you're beautiful. You are, and one day that guy will come to you. You just have to have patience."

  "Patience, I can have that. Maybe I can use this time to work on myself too. Hey, thanks for using your time to talk to me. I really appreciate this."

  Darren pulled me in for a quick hug saying,"You're welcome. Hopefully, I see you again, Y/N."

  "Hopefully, you will."