Zayn Malik x Reader

ZAYN'S POV

  I had no idea how to win Y/N over. She was an independent woman that could do anything on her own, yet she was in pain. Not physically but emotionally. I wanted to be a relief for her, but I didn't even know if she thought about me.
  Every time I thought I had her figured out, she closed herself off from me. Maybe I hurt her without realizing it and I needed to apologize? Maybe I needed to do more than that? I wasn't sure, but I wanted to know how she felt about me.

  How could I do that? How did I get her attention?

   Y/N'S POV

  The last thing I wanted was to get out of bed. Today, I wasn't feeling it. At all. Luckily, it was the weekend, so I could be in bed all I wanted to.
  I turned on my side and almost went back to sleep, until my stomach growled. I groaned into my pillow and then pulled myself out of bed. I jogged down the stairs and made myself breakfast.

  Right when I went to take my first bite into my waffle, the doorbell rung. I got up and looked to see who it was. It was Zayn.
  I immediately rushed up the stairs to change into something decent, then I fixed my hair. I jogged back down the stairs and opened the door.

  The first thing Zayn did was laugh.

  He said,"If you're going to do all this just to get the door, I'll call next time."

  I let out an awkward laugh and asked him,"What are you doing here?"

  Zayn just gazed at me and said,"I'm trying to figure you out, Y/N, but I can't."

  I nodded and replied,"Well, I guess I can't blame you for that, but you better come inside. I'm tired of holding the door."

  Zayn walked inside. I closed the door behind him. I sat down and ate my breakfast as Zayn took a seat beside me.

  He asked me,"Do you think you're ready for a relationship, Y/N?"

  "I think so, but I don't think it would be wise to date a fan. You know what they say.."

  Zayn chuckled and looked me in the eyes saying,"I don't care what they say and you're more than just another fan to me. Y/N, why do you think I'm asking you this?"

  I thought about it for a couple of minutes, then I said,"You're asking me this because you came here for advice. You're trying to find a girl that's amazing as me and you're going to bring her back to my house, just so you can remind me how lonely I am?"

  Zayn just looked at me and then said,"Okay, no, Y/N. I'm here, because I want to be in a relationship with you. I never can tell whether you're interested in me or not. You're hard to read all the time. Like now, what are you thinking?"

  I chuckled and replied,"I was thinking about how you left One Direction."

  Zayn rolled his eyes and I laughed saying,"Zayn, don't be so sensitive. Honestly, I was thinking about how the two of us are going to work?"

  Zayn smiled at me saying,"We'll work, Y/N. I know we will."

  I leaned over and hugged his neck saying,"Thank you for wanting to be with me. It means so much to me."

  "I know it does. It means even more to me. I get to date you, Y/N."