Nyle Dimarco x Reader

Dedicated to SkyToppin. Any time the reader and Nyle communicates, it is through sign language. I'm sure you won't forget though as many times as I say it. I hope you guys enjoy this one.

   Y/N'S POV

  Being with Nyle had taught me so much. I never knew what it felt like to be around someone that was deaf. I always took being able to hear for granted, but seeing Nyle being Nyle just made my love stronger and deeper. I always wanted Nyle to be comfortable around me, so I made sure I treated Nyle the way Nyle should always be treated.
  Right now, I had just gotten out of my sign language class. I always worked on improving my sign language, because that was how Nyle and I communicated with one another. It was hard, but I was willing to push myself every single day.

  Nyle was worth it.

  I walked over to where Nyle was standing. Nyle smiled at me, and I smiled back.

  Using sign language, I said to him,"Hey, I missed you. I love you so much."

  Nyle replied back using sign language,"I missed you too. I love you more. Are you ready to go?"

  I nodded and Nyle opened the car door for me. I kissed his cheek twice before I got in. Nyle drove us to dinner, and then I followed him inside the restaurant.
  Once a table became available, I took Nyle's hand and led him over to the table. Nyle held out my chair for me, and I thanked him using sign language. Nyle sat down in his chair, before I pushed the menu in front of him.

  I took his hand across the table and held it in my own. When the waitress walked over to our table, I could see that she appreciated Nyle's looks.

  Once she noticed me, she said,"You're his sister, right?"

  I said,"Nope. I'm his girlfriend. I would like a (y'all can just fill in whatever you guys get to drink when you go out to eat)."

  She wrote down what I wanted, and then she looked at Nyle. I noticed how she stood straighter and she kept eye contact with Nyle.

  Nyle, however, just looked at me and communicated to me,"I'm uncomfortable. Did she ask about the drinks?"

  I ran my thumb over Nyle's knuckles and said to the waitress,"You're making him uncomfortable."

  She finally stopped staring at Nyle and said,"Like I'm really making him uncomfortable. I don't know what game you're playing, but he can't look away."

  I rolled my eyes and when she looked back at Nyle, he motioned to the menu. To be specific, he was telling her he wanted water.

  She said,"I don't understand you. Just say it."

  I squeezed Nyle's hand tightly and he used sign language asking me,"What's wrong?"

  "She's being disrespectful. That's what's wrong."

  I said to the waitress,"You know exactly what he's referring to, and he can't hear you. Can you just get him a water, please?"

  The waitress stormed off, and I gladly got another waitress. This waitress was actually respectful, and she knew sign language which was a big help. After Nyle and I finished eating, we went for a walk.

  As we walked together, he looked over at me and used his hands saying,"Thank you for sticking up for me and being patient with me."

  I gave him a kiss and kept eye contact with him as I said through sign language,"You're welcome. I'll treat you no differently than I'd treat anyone else."