James Bay x Reader

Dedicated to Infinitybeyondpower

   JAMES' POV

  It felt like it had been a decade or so, since I had seen Y/N L/N. Y/N was beautiful then, but her beauty had intensified since the last time I saw her. Once she noticed me, I was sure she knew I was still around, given I was a singer now.
  I was quite surprised when she walked over and began to speak with me. At first, I was nervous but then it felt so right talking to Y/N. It felt like old times. She had informed me of how she was working at one of the stores inside the local mall.

  Y/N explained to me how it did not pay her as much as she would like, but then she told me something I was not expecting. She had a two-month-old baby boy to provide for. The father of her baby was in jail, but she said he may never get out.

  I could see the sadness and pain in her E/C eyes, even though Y/N tried to hide it.

  I said,"Y/N, I'm sorry I wasn't there to help."

  Y/N shook her head and sent me a small smile saying,"You're still that loving teenage boy from school, who used to always talk to me for hours. James, it's okay. What could you have done? You're famous and I do love your music. It's different, but you sing from the heart. Not many artists do that often, so I admire that about your style. I really should get going, or I will get fired. I'll see you some other time, James?"

  I nodded and said,"Of course. Go get back to your job."

  Y/N hugged me. I hugged her back. Then, she went back to work. I ran my fingers through my hair and decided to head home.
  As I sat in my chair, I played a few tunes on my guitar and all I could think about was Y/N. I knew it was not easy taking care of a child on your own. Maybe I should try to help? Offer my offer? If, she would let me? It was worth a try.

  I immediately ordered as many toys as I could, making sure they would arrive here sometime this week. I wanted to show Y/N if she needed me, I would come around (See what I did there).
  That past love for her returned the moment I saw her. I did not know whether it was possible, but it was at this moment. I would tell her when the time was right.

    A COUPLE OF DAYS LATER...

  The toys had arrived at my house and I wrapped them for some time. Speaking of time, I did not think Y/N would call me. I had given her my number a couple of days ago, before I decided to go to bed that night.

  I said,"Hello?"

  Y/N replied,"James, can..can I come stay at..at your place?"

  I was confused as to why she would ask me that, but I answered,"Yes. Can I ask why?"

  Y/N shakily said,"Quinton escaped and..and he..he will come here. He..He will try to take my son from me. Please, James? You're the only one I can trust right now."

  I said,"Yeah. Come on over. I'll tell you my address and you write it down, okay?"

  Y/N sniffed and replied,"Okay. Go."

  I told her the address and immediately cleaned my house for company. I was guessing Quinton was the father of her son, whom had been stuck in jail. I guess he was not stuck anymore.
  When a F/C car pulled up, I assumed it was Y/N. When she got out, I walked outside and finally saw her baby boy. He was African American, had brown eyes, and wore Special Agent Oso pajamas.

  I chuckled and sent Y/N a smile. She smiled back at me, yet it took much out of her to do.

  She gently handed the baby boy to me and said,"This is Sam. I named him after Falcon. You know the Marvel hero?"

  I just sent Y/N a smile and held Sam as gently as I could. Y/N brought her suitcases inside and I showed her where to put them. She looked like she was packed for a while, but she never told me how long she was staying.

  I asked Y/N,"How long you planning on staying?"

  Y/N sighed and admitted to me,"I'm not sure. Maybe a couple of days, if that is all right with you? Then, I will take Sam and we will go find somewhere else to stay, until Quinton is no longer out."

  I sent Y/N a look and explained to her,"You don't think I would let you stay on the streets, do you? You have Sam with you. Something could happen to the two of you. It's all right if you stay with me, but it can be longer than a couple of days. I mean it, Y/N."

  Y/N had tears in her eyes and she hugged me, as I continued to hold Sam. Sam seemed to like me. He held on to me and leaned on my shoulder.

  I hugged Y/N back and I promised to her,"No matter if Quinton comes back or not, I will take care of you, Y/N, and Sam. I love you and it would be wrong of me to leave you on your own. You deserve more than that. You don't need to leave in a couple of days. I won't let you. I will watch you two. I will."