Round Two

When Kendra went back to Washington it was like nothing ever happened to her. She did as she told Billie. She would sneak off to the kitchen where the kitchen maid Ruby would cover for her. They talked at least three times a week, but it slowly went to once every two weeks and then maybe twice a month. A year and a half had passed since Billie and Kendra Saw each other. He was dating a girl named Tia and she was currently dating a guy named Josh whose parents were very wealthy family friends. Kendra decided it would be best to stay celibate until she was married.

  (Kendra’s POV)

      I hadn’t talked to Billie in a month or so. Josh just proposed to me last week. I told him I wanted to wait at least another year to get married. I’m not even 18 yet; just three more months. I still think its best we wait till our wedding night to have sex. Mom was too busy planning our annual house party for next week so I took this opportunity to call Billie. I slipped into the kitchen and grabbed the cordless phone and hid in the bottom cabinet. Ruby opened it as I started dialing. I startled her.

“Oh dear child!” She had her hand on her heart. “Your engaged Kendra why are you still talking to this Billie fella?”

“We’re just friends.” I whispered to her so no one would hear.

“Then why are you hiding?”

“Because mom hates him. You know that.” She looked down and nodded. She was the only one I could talk to about everything. She was more of a mom to me than my actual mom.

“Alright miss Miller. Just keep your voice down, Your mother has been coming in frantic about the party menu.” I nodded smiling and she smiled before closing the cabinet. I hit send and the phone rang.

“Hello?”

“Billie!”

“Kendra! How are you? Happy early early birthday! I miss you!”

“Aw I’m good, and thank you I miss you too! How are you?”

“Good, and I’m glad you actually called. The band has been kicking off so we’re touring!”

“That’s awesome!” I always loved his singing.

“Yea, and guess where we are going to be next week?”

“Where?”

“Washington!”

“Oh my god Billie that’s so awesome! We’re having an annual house party next week! You should come!”

“Really? Am I aloud?”

“Of course. I’ll just tell mom you’re an awesome band and tell her that your popular and all.”

“Awesome.”

“Yeah…. Pack a tux.”

“Eww.” He never liked dressing up. I heard mom walk in yelling.

“I know. Oh I have to go, I can’t wait to see you! Bye.”

“You too. Bye Kendra.” I’m so happy! Finally I’ll get to see him again. Mom left and I got out. I handed Ruby the phone and told her Billie was coming. She was Happy for me, but a bit worried. I reassured her and left. I definitely have to find a cute dress to wear.

-A week later at the party-

    I wore my yellow dress and white heels. I had my hair curled and a small white flower pin holding my bangs back. I walked around in anticipation waiting for my guests. I talked to my friends. I walked around with Josh showing off my ring. I kept my eyes toward the entrance until finally three familiar faces walked in. I quickly moved my ring to the other hand. I’m not sure why, it was just like a reflex. I walked up to them. “Billie you came.” I smiled real wide holding my arms out. He hugged me and I giggled.