A First Glance At Death

(Billie)

    I woke lying on my arm on kendra’s bed. I could feel my fingers still entwined with hers. I yawned careful not to make much noise then left another hand rub through my hair. I blinked a few times to focus and slowly lifted my head.

“Morning doll,” Kendra said smiling. She looked gorgeous and had a certain glow.

“Good morning beautiful. How are you?” She giggled.

“Better now that you’re up. They’re planning on giving me an epidural in a bit.”

“Why didn’t you wake me sooner?” I sat up and felt the blood rush up my arm. It tingled.

“You looked to sweet sleeping,” she smiled. I smiled back as I sat up but a pain in my back shot my smile down. “Are you ok babe?”

“Just my back,” I stretched, “from where I was leaning over.”  She scrunched her face.

“Poor baby. Do you want an epidural too?” We both chuckled.

“I’ll be fine.” I stood. “Just got to move around.” I started stretching some more till I felt better. I turned and grinned to Kendra. She smiled.

“What?”

“Your just so gorgeous.”

“Oh stop.” She brushed her hand at me and blushed a little. I just smiled and leaned down allowing the left half of my body to rest on the bed by her.

“You are.” I moved till my face was over hers. I pecked her lips.

“Billie, I’m in labor you goof.” She giggled and I smiled.

“I know but you’re still sexy,” I said lowly grinning like an idiot just before giving her a passionate kiss. She let out a slight sexy moan and took in a deep breath through her nose as she rubbed her hand on the side of my face. I heard a knock. I pulled from her luscious lips. “Dammit.” She giggled.

“Don’t worry. We’ll have our fun… In several weeks.” My jaw dropped.

“Weeks!?” The doctor entered. She smiled.

“I have to heal!”

“You tease.” I said playfully.

“Billie we’ve been through this.. twice.”

“I know, I was only kidding.” She smiled and I smiled book.

“Good.” I gave her a quick peck on the lips.

“Talking about sex?” The doctor said. I blushed a little and looked to see it was DR. Hoover.

“It’s Billie Dr. Hoover, of course we’re talking about sex.” She giggled.

“Of course.”

“Hey?” I said playfully as if offended. He chuckled.

“It’s ok Billie. We’ve already discussed this in the past-“

“I know, I know. Six weeks, just after her check up.” He nodded smiling. “Then it’s sex week…” I said a bit lower as I sat in the chair Kendra hit at my arm. “I’m kidding. When your ready love.” I smiled and she shook her head smiling.

“Ok Kendra, ready for your epidural?”

“Yes please!” He helped her sit up and turn.

“Billie?”

“I know, I’m coming.” I stood and walked to the other side to face Kendra. I helped her move her legs over the bed, and Hoover sat a chair down for me. I grabbed her hands and sat in the chair. The first time I did this I stood and nearly passed out watching. Hoover suggested a chair the second time. It was much better, seeing how I couldn’t see anything going on behind her. I smiled to her as Dr. hover moved behind her with a tray.