Party Time.

“Anna! I’m turning 16 not 21!” Kendra said worried. It was Kendra Miller’s 16th birthday and she was in town staying at her aunts when her friend Anna Cornbeck decided to take her to a party she heard about by some senior friends at school.

(Kendra POV)

   “Oh don’t be such a wuss! Everyone else here isn’t 21 either.” Anna linked her arm with mine as she pulled me from the car. I was a bit shakey and nervous but I still really wanted to try out the party scene. We walked to the door then two guys stopped us. They looked us over then let us in. As soon as we entered a boy ran across in front of us with his shirt over his head. The music was really loud. “I’m going to get us a drink!” Anna yelled.

“What?!” I leaned her ear toward her.

“I said I’m going to get us a drunk! Stay here!” I looked at Anna and smiled giving her a thumbs up. Anna raced to the kitchen then returned five minutes later with two red cups. “Here you go kid! Live it up!” I smiled then took a drink. It was so gross and not what I expected. I made a face at the bitter taste.

“Ugh god!” I wiped my mouth. That was just horrible.  

“You’ll get use to it!” Anna said taking a drink. Anna’s boyfriend came up giving her a big hug and kiss. “MMm, Babe! This is my friend Kendra!” she gestured to me. “Kendra this is my boyfriend I’ve been telling you about! His name is Mike!” He held out his hand and I shook it.

“Nice to finally meet you!” He yelled over the music.

“You too!” I yelled back.

“Oh hey babe I’m 'bout to get ready to perform! Come watch!” Mike grabbed her hand and pulled her through some people. She ran her hand through my arm linking with it careful not to spill here beer. We made our way to an open space and saw a drum set with a few guitars. Me and Anna stood by the doorway watching as Mike made his way through joining the other two boys up front. The drummer had short green hair that stood up everywhere. Mike had short brown hair, and the lead singer had short blonde hair. They started playing.

“ Whooooooa!” Anna pushed through the people making her way to the front leaving me at the back. I watched for awhile.

      They were pretty good. The lead singer had an ok voice for a male singer I guess. I decided to tour the house a bit since the music was so loud. I walked to the kitchen to find a few people talking and dancing. There was a keg and a few huge tubs filled with an assortment of beers and liquor. I walked back toward the front entrance were I saw the steps that led up stairs. I walked up them and there were a few people up there running around. I opened a door to find a girl puking in the bathroom along with another girl holding her hair. I went on back and found an empty room. It looked like a library. I slowly moved my finger along the book shelf as I read the spines. I heard the music stop and then start back up again. It was a different band. I continued looking over the room. It was nice there, but I knew Anna would come looking for me. I made my way back to the hall and down the steps when I get near the bottom someone ran up passed me pushing me into the guy sitting at the bottom of the steps.

“Oh my god! I’m so sorry!” I bent down to him. It was the guy singing in Mikes band. “I’m really sorry are you ok?” He laughed. I sat beside him.

“It’s not your fault people here are rude. It’s ok I promise. Sitting at the bottom of the steps isn’t a really good idea anyway.” I smiled.

“No it’s not.”

“Hi I’m Billie!” He said over the music putting his hand out. I shook it.

“I’m Kendra!” I said leaning toward him to hear.