Our Little Heart

(Billie POV)

    It was finally Friday. Kat was at school and I just dropped Joey off at moms. Kendra stopped bleeding not long after returning home from the doc. I’ve been making sure our little man was still kicking in there throughout the days. I can’t have another lost child. I’ve already had two. We’ve come so far in this pregnancy, and I wasn’t about to let god take this one from me. I got back home. My beautiful Kendra was sitting on the couch waiting on me. She smiled when I entered.

“Hey babe!” I said walking to her.

“Hi!” She smiled. I kissed her.

“Ready?” She nodded and I helped her up. I wrapped my arm around her waist and we stepped out to the car. When we arrived to the doctor’s office I told her to sit while we signed in. She sat in our usual spot. I signed us in and sat by her. I grabbed her hand and kissed it. She tilted her head resting it on my shoulder. She tightened her grip on my hand and I rested my head on hers. It wasn’t long before the doctor called us back; after all we were the only ones in there.

“Kendra Armstrong?” We both stood and followed the nurse to our room. She checked Kendra’s vitals and helped her on the bed. This room was a bit bigger for the ultra sound machine. I sat beside her when the nurse stepped out.  

“What ever happens babe. I love you.”

“Aww I love you too sweetheart, but don’t worry. Everythings fine.” She nodded. I could tell she was worried. I kissed her hand. She wasn’t paying much attention just staring at the ceiling. I pressed my lips to her hand again then smiled as I eased my tongue out licking it.

“Babe!” She giggled turning to me. I laughed and looked to her. “Don’t tease me.” She grinned and ran her fingers threw my hair.

“I’m sorry… I’m just a bad boy.” I grinned. She scrunched her nose smiling.

“I know, you need to be punished.” I grinned I love when she talks dirty. She gave me that look as she rubbed my hair. She then pulled it.

“Ahhhh I like it!” I said pretending it didn’t hurt a little. She laughed letting me go. We both chuckled and I gave her a kiss. I sat back in my chair as I heard the doctor step in.

“Kendra, Billie.”

“Hoover.” I said smiling. He raised an eyebrow smiling.

“Well let’s see what all is going on here shall we.” He sat and we did the routine as before. Kendra pulled her shirt up and the doc squirted gel on her belly. Of course he needed to get more. “I don’t understand why they don’t change these!” He stepped out and I placed my hand on her belly where there was no gel. She flinched at my cold hands. I rubbed them around feeling for Jakobs kick then slowly moved it up.

“What are you doing?” She asked.

“Felling for the baby.” I said concentrated. She placed her hand on mine.

“Babe I don’t think he made it all the way up in my boob.” She chuckled. I smiled.

“You never know.” She laughed and moved my hand to her hand. The doctor came back in. He squirted again then rubbed the mouse around. We saw the baby and he froze a few frames for printing.

“Well the outside is developing fine. Just gonna zoom in on the heart and brain.” He started moving the picture in. I squinted trying to figure out what the hell I was looking at. He froze a few more frames. “Hmm.”

“What is it doc?” Kendra asked looking.

“Well see those little specks on the heart?”

“Yeah.” She said a bit worried I was getting worried myself.