Undying Love

“What the fuck.” I said to myself grasping the side of my head. It was a shooting pain. I clutched my eyes shut and I went to yell but images started flashing in my brain. I took a deep breath as I began to remember. Damn remembering everything hurt like hell. Pain shot through as I remembered our house, the proposal, Joanna Leigh, me being happy, and making out with someone. As each image flashed I remembered being so happy but couldn’t see who was the source. Then a greater pain hit as I bent down pushing against my temples. My teeth grinned together from the pain and tears leaked out. I couldn’t breathe, then Billie’s smiling face popped up and it all stopped. I took a deep breath in making a loud noise as I did so sitting up. I started crying then I felt sick. I quickly jumped up and ran to the bathroom. I started throwing up then I heard feet running up the steps. I can’t believe it! The real kidnappers are Josh and my mother! It made me even sicker. I clutched my stomach. I cant believe my baby Billie is stuck in jail. Oh god he thinks I don’t remember him. I started crying.

“Oh my god honey are you ok?” I heard my mother’s voice. It took all I could not to tackle her and just murder her. I knew I couldn’t let them know I knew. Then she’d find away to keep me locked up here and not go to court. She would have him sent to death without me there if it were possible. I turned to her.

“It’s my stomach.” I turned and sat on the floor Josh entered and ran to me. I wish I had I knife right now. How dare he try and convince me my baby was his. They both made me sick. He grabbed me a cold rag and started rubbing my head with it.

“Ruby!” The bitch turned and yelled.

“Coming,” I could hear her running up the steps. “Here Mrs. Miller.” She said holding out a tray. It had water and a piece of toast. My worthless mother handed the toast to me. I nibbled on it and she reached for something else on it. It was another pill. I finished my toast and decided to take it; my stomach where my stitches where hurt from puking. They helped me to bed. Everyone went to leave.

“Ruby will you please stay and rub my back so I can fall asleep faster?” She looked to my mother. She raised an eyebrow to Ruby and nodded. Ruby gulped.

“Yes miss Kendra.” Ruby sat by me. I turned to my side and she rubbed. I heard mom and Josh make it down stairs. I waited till I heard their doors shut before letting tears out again. “Oh honey am I hurting you?”

“No..” I turned and sat up giving her a hug. “You were going to tell me but she threatened you didn’t she?”

“What are you talking about?” I pulled from her.

“About the kidnapping. Ruby I know. I remembered everything. That’s why I was puking. It all hit my like a freight train!” I said keeping my voice low. She started to tear up and hugged me.

“Please don’t tell her you know! I can’t get in trouble Kendra I just can’t!”

“don’t worry I won’t, but I can’t just let Billie stay in Jail another day longer. He has to know that I remember. Ruby I love him so much. We were so happy. I want to marry him not Josh. He proposed to me you know.”  She pulled me back and gave me a look. I sniffled and nodded then showed her my little green ring. She looked it over. “It’s nothing now but he said he’ll get a real one, but I don’t care. It’s not about the money.” She hugged me again.

“I’m so happy he makes you happy. You deserve the best. Josh will never deserve you. Even on his good days.” I chuckled. “Kendra as much as I hate to see you go, you really need to get out of her and back to him.” I smiled, and then it faded.

“I need to go in the next hour while everyone is sleeping but I took that pill.”

“No worries. Stay here.” She stepped out and returned moments later. “Drink this.” It was milk. I started drinking. “It won’t stop it completely but it’ll weaken it.” I handed her the empty glass. “Still have that 2 o’clock alarm set?” I nodded. “Ok, go to sleep to get a little nap. I’ll pack you a bag with what you need.” I nodded and slid into bed. I fell asleep instantly.

I woke to my alarm clock. I shut it off and it was 2 o’clock in the am. “Ruby?” I whispered rubbing my eyes.

“Shhh. Come with me.” I looked to the door and saw her. I followed her downstairs. A small bag was by the door. She put my coat on me. “Your meds are in the bag along with plenty of cash to bye a plane ticket, and to bail Billie out.” I smiled and hugged her.

“Thank you so much!”

“You’re welcome baby. I love you so much.” She released me. “Now go live your life!” She said smiling. “I’ll deal with your mother.” I smiled.

“Thanks I love you too.” I grabbed my bag and waved as I stepped out. The car was ready. I quickly jumped in and we sped to the airport. I got the cheapest ticket to Oakland that I could. I knew I’d have to buy a cab too. I got on the plane and thought out what I would do and what I would say. I love him so much and nothing or no one would ever change that, or keep us apart.