Chapter 19

This chapter is dedicated to the irreplaceable Naya Rivera. She shaped me and so many into who we are today, representing a gay character and always being an ally for our community. Naya, my love for you goes beyond words. Thank you for everything you have taught me. Rest In Peace you beautiful, wildly talented angel❤️

-
Being there everyday for Annelise, Cheryl and Toni got used to seeing all the other kids, their way of living and how they had so little. They were treated good but the budget was so low, and they usually got little to no presents. But not that year. They had talked to Ellie and arranged a special surprise for all of them. And where better to spread joy than the place their little girl had spent so much time in.

On Christmas Eve, after everyone was sent to their rooms to sleep, Cheryl, Toni and Ellie spent a few hours decorating everything and setting up the place for Christmas morning. The kids had no idea what they would be waken up to.

"Good morning."-Toni said the next day while gently playing with Annelise's hair.

"Morning."-Annelise said, stretching, still sleepy. "Is it Christmas?"

"It sure is."-Toni smiled big.

"Come on, sweetheart."-Cheryl picked Annelise up and held her in her arms.

"Are you excited?"-Toni asked Annelise and she nodded with the biggest smile on her face.

They made their way up to where everyone else was gathered in their cute pajamas.

"Okay guys, just remember to be careful and not run each-other over, okay?"-Ellie smiled at the kids before she opened the door to their big living room.

"Oh my-"-the kids said as they ran to the big Christmas tree in the corner of the room, decorated with red and gold.

"Wow."-Annelise said as they got closer to it. She rubber her eyes like she couldn't believe what she was seeing."It's giant."

"I know."-Toni said, kissing her cheek.

"I think you two are just small."-Cheryl teased them and they all laughed.

"Did you do this?"-Annelise said, looking around the room.

There was food and sweets on the tables, little gifts under the tree with everyone's names on it, and decorations that went up to the ceiling.

"Yes. We wanted you guys to have the best Christmas ever."-Toni said.

"Thank you."-Annelise said and she wrapped her arms around Cheryl and then reached out for Toni.

Truth is, after Cheryl and Toni had spent the other night with her, Annelise had started to learn and show affection. Not to everyone, but to her soon-to-be moms. She would observe how they would interact with each-other, and she picked up a few of their habits. She had never experienced love before, and it seemed like love was just healing every wound a bit at a time.

"Oh, you're welcome."-Cheryl said, putting her hair behind her ear. "It doesn't stop here, though."

"Come with us."-Toni said, putting her down so she could walk on her own.

They went to Annelise's room where two boxes were sitting on her bed on top of each-other.

"Now, what is that!?"-Cheryl said, and Annelise ran to them smiling.

She opened the big box first and she was staring at the most beautiful red dress. It was big and ballerina like, with little gold sparkles, just below her knees.