Chapter 9 (Part 1)

(Disclaimer: I looked for a Choni picture to fit this part for a long time and couldn't find any so bare with me please💕😭)

The girls were getting closer with each day passing by. They would get out of class, run around the school, feeling free. They were so happy. Not once were they not laughing around each-other. They kept pretending like they were in a relationship, holding hands, getting jealous. Toni was way more jealous than Cheryl. She wouldn't talk to Cheryl for maybe half an hour if she as much as looked at another girl. Cheryl would pretend that Toni's jealousy was annoying her and it was too much but, she secretly found it cute. She would laugh every time.

Their friends had calmed down a little too, from all the curiosity and anger. They weren't suspecting anything either, even tho at that point, Cheryl and Toni couldn't care less. Their friends were blinded by the fact that these two girls were always in a good mood and they were not about to question that.

One day, they had pretty late classes and surprisingly, both groups took the same bus ride back home. Well, all the girls did. Cheryl, Veronica and Josie were sitting in the middle of the bus and then suddenly, Toni and her squad came in and sat at the very end. Through-out the ride, the girls kept looking at each-other. Frankly, all of their friends had to get out before both, Cheryl and Toni. The bus started emptying. First, Veronica and Josie got out and two stations later, so did Betty and Valerie. Toni immediately jumped out of her seat and ran to Cheryl. Cheryl opened her arms, smiling and Toni jumped on her lap, hugging the girl. There was nobody else on that bus left, except for three girls from the first year who were sitting in the very beginning, not paying attention to these two. There were so many seats empty but Toni was still sitting on Cheryl's lap and it's not like the red head was letting her go, with her arms wrapped around her waist.

"This is amazing. We should do this more often."-Toni said.

"Do what more often?"-Cheryl asked.

Toni had her arms wrapped around Cheryl's neck, still kind of hugging her.

"This. The late night rides."

"Are you girls planning on going home tonight or not?"-the bus driver asked the girls, stopping on the second to last station. That was Toni's call, she had to get out there.

"No!"-Cheryl shouted."One more station to go."

"Wait, what?"-Toni asked confused, as the bus doors were closing.

"Let's go to my house tonight."-Cheryl said, hoping that Toni wouldn't argue otherwise.

"What about your mother?"-Toni asked, knowing Cheryl's mom hated when she had a girl over and had called her daughter 'deviant' when she found out about her sexuality.

"My viper of a mother goes out every night until sun rise. Besides, I don't care."-Cheryl said, pulling Toni even closer.

Toni smiled and then she put her head on top of Cheryl's. They both looked so calm.