Chapter 6

Riverdale

Toni and Celeste had spent the last couple of days bonding while doing basic summer things. They went to the beach for the whole day on Thursday and they went shopping on Friday. After that, Toni took her to the nicest restaurant and in the evening, they wrapped up in blankets and spent almost all night out in the yard, looking at the sky which was covered with way more stars than usual. 

On Saturday, Toni was getting ready to leave for the reunion. Betty had informed everyone that they were meeting at the diner they would all hang out during college.

"Okay mom, I'll see you later, although, I have a feeling we'll end up being out all night."-Toni said, getting in the car.

"Have fun baby and say hi to everyone for me. Let me know once you're home."-Celeste kissed her daughter in both her cheeks. 

"I will. Love you."-Toni said before driving away. 

Her, Kevin and Fangs were the first people to arrive. They all hugged and Fangs couldn't let go of Toni because he had missed her so much.

"I had no idea they turned this place into a luxurious restaurant."-Toni said.

"Neither did we. We thought we got the wrong place."-Kevin said. "Should we go in or wait for everyone else?"

"Sweet Pea just texted me. Him, Josie, Archie and Veronica are a minute away."-Fangs said.

"Who else is coming?"-Toni asked, curious. 

They guys looked at each-other, knowing she only wanted to know about one person. 

"Well, Betty and Jughead."-Fangs said and Kevin turned to look at him weird. 

"Reggie couldn't make it. And...Cheryl had to work."-Kevin said and Toni simply nodded. 

Soon everyone got together and they sat where they usually used to, just now in a big round table instead of a retro diner booth. They were all talking to each-other and having a good time. Jughead cleared his throat and stood up. 

"Okay guys, we have gathered you here today..."-Jughead said but before he finished his sentence, Betty pulled him down by his sleeve. 

"Sit down! I don't want to announce it to the whole town."-she said, almost whispering. 

"Announce what?"-Toni asked. 

"Oh my god!"-Veronica said, smiling and covering her mouth. 

"What?"-Archie kept asking. 

"I'm pregnant."-Betty raised her voice a little. 

"Yes!"-Veronica jumped out of her place to hug her best friend. 

The girls all went over to Betty as she started tearing up from happiness and the guys were hugging jughead, both parts congratulating the couple. 

"We wanted to share this news with you guys because you were all so supportive during this journey."-Jughead said, referring to the last couple of years of him and Betty trying to have a kid but it being impossible for several medical reasons. "It has been tough but worth it."

"I can't believe this child will suffer with having Jughead as a father."-Veronica said and everyone stopped to look at her. "I'm sorry. I promised Cheryl I'd do her justice. She says hi."

"Okay, makes sense."-Jughead. 

"Only, Cheryl wouldn't have apologized after saying that."-Toni said, knowing her well. "I'm really happy for you guys."