Chapter 2

It was Friday and the lectures were starting early, as per usual. Cheryl and her friends were walking to class, holding her textbooks when she suddenly noticed Toni sitting with her friends. The girls made eye contact for a split second than Toni looked down. Cheryl looked away, taking a seat further away.

"What's with her?"-Veronica, Cheryl's best friend asked.

"With who?"-Cheryl said.

"Toni Topaz. She was looking at you."-Veronica said, sounding angry.

"Really? I didn't notice."-Cheryl said, wanting to avoid the convo.

"Yes you did. You looked at her, too." -Josie, their friend said.

"Jeez, you walk into class, people look at you and you look around. What's surprising and worth discussing over that?"-Cheryl said, raising her voice a little.

"Okay! We're just being protective. She's not allowed to give you nasty looks. She got away with it the first time around."-Veronica said. 

"Ugh! I swear, you can't get more annoying than that."-Josie said, looking at Toni and her friends.

Cheryl just rolled her eyes. She couldn't believe that the two group had such problems with each-other. So much hate. She couldn't point out exactly what started all of that chaos. What made the two parties so mad but she was sure that her friends, were not letting that go anytime soon. It hurt her to know that because of that, she was unable to talk to Toni. To at least say 'Hi' to her. This never bothered Cheryl before but she wanted to do that now. 

Through-out the lecture, both girls kept looking at each-other.They weren't sitting close but close enough for Cheryl to see that Toni had been looking at her and when she raised her head to make eye contact with her, Toni turned to look away. Occasionally, they'd meet halfway and both smile a little. That was all the contact they could have as long as their friends were around.

Toni had beautiful, long hair, too. They were mostly pink with a hint of brown roots. She had big, brown eyes and a charming smile. But she had the looks of a badass. You'd know when she'd walk into a room. You could feel her energy taking place.

Like Cheryl, Toni had no clue why there was still this competition going on between their friends. Why they would look at each-other in a bad way, almost all the time. But she didn't even want to raise that question, just because their curiosity towards the situation would grow, too. So, she left it alone. 

One thing was for sure, both Cheryl and Toni started wishing for their friends to miss class so they could be around each-other. It was something that they sort of, craved.