Chapter 42: Fighting Together

Ruby, Yang, and Uzziel are shown facing off against Emerald, Mercury, and Damien. The three switch positions and leap forward to take on their opponents. Yang knocks into Damien while Ruby takes on Emerald and Uzziel squares off against Mercury. Uzziel moved his head to the side as a dust bullet came flying at him from Mercury.

"Done crying over your girlfriend?" Mercury taunted with a smirk on his face.

Uzziel smirked back, knowing Mercury wasn't going to let him live it down "Yup, and now I'm gonna take my frustration out on you." He quickly responded dashing forward.

Meanwhile, Nora is seen holding Magnhild up defensively, protecting Jaune, who is still healing Weiss.

"You guys doing okay?" She asked.

"I- I think so. She's coming too. I just wish this would go faster." Jaune responded.

Nora rolled her eyes and smiled "How about you don't complain and just be thankful you unlocked your Semblance when you did."

"My Semblance?' He asked as he raised an eyebrow.

"How else do you think you're healing her, dummy?" She asked.

Jaune stares back at her in disbelief before looking back down at Weiss. "No. I don't think I'm healing her. Our Aura heals our bodies. It feels... it feels more like I'm using my Aura to amplify hers!"

"Wait, aren't you worried about running out?" Nora asked.

Jaune shook his head "Pyrrha once told me I've got a lot of it. I still believe her."

Suddenly, Weiss opened up her eyes, stirring. "Jaune?" She called out.

Nora smiles before standing guard again. Meanwhile, Ren continued taking on Hazel, who punches the former back into the wall. Hazel then launches an electrical charge from his lightning-Dust enhanced arm, electrocuting Ren, causing him to scream in pain before falling to the ground.

"REN!" Nora called out.

"Go! I've got her!" Jaune ordered.

Nora nods at him before proceeding forward. "Jaune... what's happening?" Weiss asked.

"You took a heavy hit, you need to stay with me while the others fight." He said. Weiss sighs in response "That's ... annoying."

"Heh, good to have you back, Weiss." Jaune smiled.

Meanwhile, Qrow and Roy are seen getting knocked back into the wall and then falling to the ground next to the downed Ren, who struggles to get back up as well. Oscar uses The Long Memory to block flaming rocks being fired from Lionheart. Hazel charges forward and punches Oscar several feet back.

"Hiding behind the face of a child? A monster like you must be stopped!!" He exclaimed.

Nora charges at Hazel with a loud battle cry. She leaped into the air, but Hazel catches Magnhild and slams Nora into the ground. Hazel then grabs Nora's head, electrocuting her with his lightning Dust-enhanced arms. She screams out in pain.

"How many more children must die for you?!" Hazel asked.

Suddenly, Nora grabs Hazel's wrist. "Huh?" Hazel said in a surprised tone.

Nora, inadvertently enhanced by Hazel's electricity thanks to her Semblance, stands back up and flips him over her shoulder. He rolls back several feet away. Nora then holds Magnhild up defensively, before Ozpin gets her attention.

"His Semblance... he can block out pain. It's how he is able to handle injecting so much Dust into his body." Ozpin explained.

Nora stares back at Hazel, who stood back up. "I don't need him to hurt..." She said darkly.