Chapter 22: Aftermath

The attack on Beacon was slowly starting to die down as Huntsmen and Huntress took out the majority of the Grimm. On the docks outside of Beacon, air buses are seen picking up the last few civilians and students. Peter Port and Bartholomew Oobleck oversee the evacuation.

"That's it! Everybody on board! This is a mandatory evacuation!" Port called out as he looked around.

Oobleck nodded "A safe zone has been established in Vale! Please, remain calm and listen to Atlas personnel!" He said as he motioned for people to board. Weiss stared at what was in front of her in disbelief. As Ruby comes running down the path, Zwei barks to alert Weiss to her leader's presence, and Weiss turns around to greet her.

"Ruby!" Weiss calls out.

"Oh, I found you!" Ruby responded as she was now standing in front of Ruby.

Weiss showed concern for Ruby as she gave her a worried look "Ruby, where have you-"

"Don't worry, I'm fine! What's going on?" Ruby asked, cutting Weiss off mid-sentence.

Unsure of what to say, Weiss lowers her gaze sadly. "Weiss? What is it?" She asked as she also gave Weiss a worried look.

Weiss steps aside, giving Ruby a clear view of Blake Belladonna, Lance Takahashi, and Yang Xiao Long lying on the ground. All of them have bandages wrapped around their wounds, and the latter is unconscious. Behind them sit Nora Valkyrie and Lie Ren, who are both too battered and bruised to fight. Blake reaches over and places her hand on Yang's. "I'm sorry." She said as she gets tears in her eyes.

Ruby reaches out and opens her mouth to say something, but in her emotional state, she doesn't know what to say. Blake looked up at Lance who was laying near Yang "I'm so sorry."

"Yang..." Ruby said in a sad tone.

"Hey. She's gonna be okay. The soldiers have a ship ready to take you guys to Vale." Ruby turned to see Sun standing behind her. He put a hand on her left shoulder as she turned back around to look at Yang.

"But Jaune and Pyrrha are still missing," Nora said as she attempts to stand, but she quickly sits back down, groaning and holding her side.

"What!?" Ruby said in disbelief.

"Look, guys, that giant Grimm is circling the school! Even the White Fang are pulling out! We all have to go, now!" Sun exclaimed.

"We're not... leaving! Ugh!" Ren said as he stands up but then falls to his knees.

Sun turns and casts a worried look at Blake. Ruby shared the expression on her face but moments later it turned to serious. "I'll find them... I'll find them, and I'll bring them back." She said with determination.

"No! We will find them. Besides Uzziel and his comrades are missing too, I wanna make sure they're ok." Weiss chimed in as she turns to Nora and Ren "Watch after Blake, Lance, and Yang. We'll be back." She said.

Ruby and Weiss run back toward Beacon Academy, while Sun watches them go. "You better be! Idiots." Sun stated,

'Meanwhile at the sewers...

Krisis lifted his hand up and with one swift motion, he brought him it down and was preparing to deliver the final blow to Regulus. Nolo gritted his teeth and closed his eyes dreading the worse and prepared for the sound of blood splattering.

As he waited for the tragic scene to happen, he noticed that he didn't hear his brother's end but something unexpected. Instead, all he heard was the sound of Krisis grunting, as if he was struggling with something.

"Re...Regulus?" Nolo said as he snapped his eyes opened wide wondering what was going on, the suspense was killing him.

"Ho-How? How are you even awake after that?"