Chapter 23: A new Journey

In an unknown area, we see a pool of black slime in a dark red and purple land. A large paw emerges from within the slime and a Beowolf gradually crawls out, slime sliding off of it and onto the ground.

You could see several such pools and many Beowolves emerging. A dark and desolate land made up of the red ground, purple crystals, and a red and black clouded sky could be seen.

Mercury and Emerald reflected in a window, watching from inside a high building. Emerald had her hand to her mouth while Mercury seems slightly disgusted. A gloved hand appears between two purple crystal formations and snaps its fingers signaling the two young fighters to come.

At the center of the room is a long purple, crystal table. Seven people sat at the table with thirteen chairs. One of them was Cinder Fall. Emerald and Mercury moved away from the window and stood next to her. Arthur Watts sat next across from her as he was looking at his Scroll. On Cinder's right was Tyrian Callows. He sat in a crouch casually on his chair, resting his arms on his knees. Across from Tyrian was Hazel Rainart, his arms were crossed, and his eyes were closed.

In the middle of Tyrian and Cinder was Ryan who had his arms crossed, behind him was Cold, Paul, and Damien. Paul glanced at Cinder and gave her a slightly worried look. Sitting in a chair on the left of Cinder was Richter who didn't look very pleased for certain reasons. Sitting in between Arthur and Hazel was Ryder who was also not in a good mood. Senka stood behind him with a hurt look on her face as she placed a hand on Ryder's shoulder.

Cinder sat quietly, while Mercury and Emerald move to her side. Emerald nudges Mercury out of her way so that she can be directly next to Cinder.

"Yes, yes, please keep your posse in check," Arthur said as he noticed what Emerald did. Mercury grunts and makes a move towards Arthur, but Emerald holds him back.

"You hear that? Silence. I've half a mind to thank the little girl that bested you." Arthur said as Hazel gives him an unimpressed sideways glance.

"If I were you, I'd hunt her down. Find her and, well, she took your eye, didn't she?" Tyrian asked with a snicker.

Cinder only stares at Tyrian while he cackles at her. Cinder tries to speak but only manages to make quiet exhaling noises. Emerald leans in to hear her.

Arthur noticing this shook his head "Pathetic. Why did you even—"

There is a sound of a heavy metal door being unlatched. The doors open and everyone stands just before Salem enters. She glides alongside the table with soft footsteps before reaching the head of it, jewels dangling from her hair. Salem stops, facing away from them and toward a candle and crystal display.

"Watts. Do you find such malignance necessary?" She asked.

She gestures for all to sit down. "I apologize, ma'am. I'm not particularly fond of failure." Arthur said as everyone sat down simultaneously.

"Then I see no reason for your cruelty towards young Cinder. She's become our Fall Maiden, destroyed Beacon Tower, and most importantly, killed dear Ozpin. So I'm curious, to what failures are you referring?" She asked

"Well, the girl with the Silver Eyes." Arthur started before Hazel spoke up.

"Yes. We've dealt with their kind before. How is it a novice was able to best one of us?" Hazel asked.

"My thoughts exactly. Even without her new power, it should have been effortless." Arthur said.

"It is because of the Maiden's power. Make no mistake, Cinder, you hold the key to our victory. But your newfound strength brings with it a crippling weakness. Which is why you will remain by my side as we continue your treatment." Salem explained.