✍︎ sixteen

//

"Y/N I don't love you! Why can't you get that throuh your fucking head?!" She yelled, the veins on her neck popping out.

"Maybe because y-you kissed me..." I said softly, tears trying to spill from my eyes. She sighed in disbelief, running her left hand in her hair.

"Are you- That kiss meant nothing, Y/N!" She screamed towards me.

"But you said you liked it! W-Why would you lie if you felt something, huh?!" I shouted as I stood up, looking deeply into her eyes; tears spilling freely from my eyes. I'm hurting so much, and Jennie's making it worse.

"I didn't want to hurt your feelings, Y/N. You have to understand that I'm with Kai now. The kiss that happened between the two of us meant nothing. Absolutely nothing. I'm sorry." She said as she sat down on the sofa; her palms covering her face as she sighed deeply.

"Yeah, I'm sorry as well. I'm sorry for being a jerk, and falling for you." I stated as I grabbed my things, heading towards the door of her apartment.

//

Y/N's P.O.V:

That conversation between Jennie, and I happened two weeks ago. To be completely honest, things haven't been the same. When she started dating Kai, she stopped talking to me. She talks to our group of friends, but not to me. When I try to approach, and talk to her, she avoids me, and pretends that she didn't know I'm there; I don't exist.

Does it hurt? Yes, yes it does. She was my bestfriend, and I lost her. Nothing hurts more than losing the person who was there with you through thick, and thin. Who was there when your darkest days bothered you. Who was there to love, and support you.

I hung my head long as I entered hell (school). Ever since we stopped talking I've been a target by the bullies here.

"Hey Lee wait up!"

I sighed softly when I heard that voice. I turned around to see Kai running towards me.

"What do you want, Kai?" I ask quietly as I averted my eyes on the floor.

"I just wanted to know why Jennie, and you haven't hanging around lately. Why is that?" Kai asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I don't know." I sighed, running a hand through my hair.

"Well, I mean it's okay since I don't have to worry anymore about you stealing my girl." Kai spat harshly, hate dripping in his voice.

"Even if I wanted to, it's not like she'll give into me." I mumbled to myself. Well, I guess he he heard it because I was shoved into thr floor.

"Stay away from my girl, you fucker." She said through gritted teeth, walking away with his dickhead friends. I sighed as I stood up, dusting myself off. This is gonna be a long fucking day.

---

Great. Just fucking great.

Today can't get any worse. I'm now infront of my locker, placing the book I used earlier. In History, I got paired up with Jennie on a project that's due in three weeks. Before, the two of us will be very, very happy that we're paired to each other because we don't need to communicate with the people we don't want to talk to. But, now? Everything's fucked up. I'm 100% sure that Kai's crew will pick on me because of this stupid fucking project. It sucks to work with the person who's been avoiding me for weeks now. This is fucking unhealthy. I swear.

I shut my locker harshly, and clutching the strap of my bag. I hung my head down low to get out of this hell hole when my name was called.

"Y/N, wait up!"