✍︎ twelve

JENNIE'S P.O.V

I hurted her, and now she's gone, I can't tell her what I really feel towards her...

It's been a long day without you, my friend
And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
We've come a long way from where we began
Oh, I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
When I see you again...

---

"Nini! Someone punched me in the hallway earlier after class."
She said, holding on to her cheek that's bruised up.

"That's what you get for being so annoying." I said, slamming my locker shut, and walking away. Not giving a damn about her.

That same day, my mom got into an accident. She wasn't there because I pushed her away. She knew about what happened because her dad, and my dad are doctors in the same hospital.

Why'd you have to leave so soon?
Why'd you have to go?
Why'd you have to leave me when I needed you the most?

I was crying, sitting on one of the chairs on the hallway of the hospital. My head ducked, my hands covering my eyes. I felt someone sat beside me, and placed their arm behind my back. I looked up to see her. She's still here.

"Don't cry. You know Mama Kim is a fighter. She can over come everything." She said, handing me her favorite yellow checkered handkerchief that she always bring because I gave it to her. I just looked at her, and hugged her tightly. She just rubbed my back in comfort. I let out my emotions right there on her. I soaked her t-shirt with my tears.

"I'm sorry about earlier. To what I said, and how I acted." I said. She looked at me with those hazel eyes with a small smile. "It's okay, don't mention it. I understand." She said, wiping the tears that's flowing out of my eyes.

"Don't cry. You're too pretty to cry." She grabbed my cheeks, and caressed it gently while staring deep in my eyes. I sighed, and said; "Thank you for always being there for me." She just smiled at me, and kissed my forehead.

---

"Jennie! Who the fuck was that guy who's flirting with you?!" She exclaimed angrily.

"It was no one, and why are you acting like that? You're not my girlfriend. You're just my best friend. Yeah, you admitted that you like me but that doesn't mean that you can be all possessive on me. I talk to someone I want to talk to." I told her. My anger rising. I saw her eyes soften, and she frowned. I just rolled my eyes, and went away like I used to do.

Cause I don't really know how to tell ya
Without feeling much worse
I know you're in a better place
But it's always gonna hurt.

When I was talking to the same guy I talked to yesterday, he has a friend with him. At first he was being this casual. Asking me how I'm doing. Then, after a few minutes, he started to get too close to me. His hands we're on my arm, and I started to feel uncomfortable. The other guy touched my chest that's where I started to scream. His face was so close to me. I closed my eyes, and when I heard him groan, I opened my eyes to see her fighting with the two guys. She was beating them one by one. Dodging a few punches but some landed on her face. When she finally knocked them down on the floor, she went up to me.

"What did they do to you? Did they touch you? Did they threaten you? Did they-" I cutted her off when tears started to stream down my face like a river. She sighed, and carried my bridal style to her car. She went to the back seat, putting me on her lap. Rubbing my back while humming me a random song to calm me down. After a few minutes I looked up to her to see her looking at me with pure concern in her eyes.