✍︎ nine

Y/N's POV:

"Kai, babe stop!" The girl of my dreams said while laughing. I looked over to her, and her boyfriend, Kim Jongin, or also known as Kai. I can tell that they were having a good time based on the smile on their faces. Jennie, and I are childhood bestfriends. We we're so attached to the hip. We did a lot of things together. Sleepovers, movie nights, carnival dates, and many more. We never ditched each other for someone, it was always "Y/N, and Jennie." We constantly flirted, but we never really talked abou our relationship with each other. She's very possessive over me, and I liked it though, 'cause I feel like she feels the same way I feel towards her. But, things started to go down when she met Kai, the school's Basketball Captain for boys. I'm the Basketball Captain for the girls. They met when Kai accidentally spilled some water on Jennie's favorite shirt, which was given by me. Kai promised that he will buy her a new one, so he got her number, and let's just say, they developed feelings for each other, leaving me here. Silently hurting myself.

"You okay there, baby sis?" My sister, Jisoo asked me, concern lacing her voice.

"Oh uhm, yeah." I replied, putting on a fake smile. She looked at me with a frown on her face.

"I know that you aren't. I know how much you love Jennie, but sis. She doesn't deserve someone like you who's very understanding, and loving. She hurted you so many times, and here you are. Still loving her..." Unnie said, her voice going from soft, to stern. I just looked down, aveting my eyes from the girl I grew to love, who's sadly inlove with someone else.

"Let me to walk you to your class, yeah?" She said, and I just nodded. I thanked her silently for not forcing me to answer.

"Yeah, let's go." I said, closing my locker. My sister following behind me.

"I'm gonna go to my class now, I love you" Jisoo unnie said, hugging me, and kissing my cheek.

"I love you too sis, see you later" I said, hugging her back. I went inside my first class, which is Music. I went to my usual chair that is beside Lisa.

"Okay class, Good Morning. Today, we're going to have a singing contest on the spot."

"Now, who's a great singer here?" Mrs. Faulkerson asked, placing her hands on her hips.

"Y/N!" My best friend, Lisa shouted, while pointing to me. The class cheered my name, and I looked at them with wide eyes.

"What the fuck, Lis?! I don't wanna sing!" I whisper shouted. She just ignored me, and smirked.

"Okay! It's settled then. Everyone, please go to the field. The contest will be later at 11:30, it's only 9:00, you can stay there for the mean time. We will prepare the contestants."

Everybody cheered, and started getting out of the class towards the field.

"Ms. Kim. Please prepare yourself for the singing contest. Good luck" My music teacher said. I just huffed, and sighed, while the girl beside me just laughed at my state.

"Let's do this."

-------SKIP TO THE CONTEST------

"Now, give it up for Ms. Kim Y/N!"

The crowd cheered so loudly when I stepped on the stage. I went up to the middle, and smiled at the audience.

"You're so fucking cute! Please be mine!" A random girl shouted from the bleachers. I just laughed at it.

"So, this song is for someone that I love but sadly loves someone else."

The crowd went in a chorus of "awww's." The intro of happier by Ed Sheeran started playing. I looked over to the audience, trying to spot a certain someone, and when my eyes landed on those feline eyes, my heart started to beat so fast. I closed my eyes, and started to sing the song.

"Walking down 29th and Park
I saw you in another's arms
Only a month we've been apart
You look happier

Remember when I used to walk you home after class? Those walks with you are the best hours of my life, Nini. We would laugh at the most random thing. We throw each other some random jokes, and you'll let me hear those cute giggles. Now, he's the one who walks you home. He's the one who makes you happy.

Saw you walk inside a bar
He said something to make you laugh
I saw that both your smiles were twice as wide as ours
Yeah, you look happier, you do

Remember when my dad's company got the award of the best company in the whole world? You we're my date at the club. You never failed to make me blush everytime you wear those dresses that hugs your curves perfectly. We enjoyed the rest of the night with each other's presence. But now, he's the one who brings you to those parties as his date. You look happy. He's the one who makes you happy.

Ain't nobody hurt you like I hurt you
But ain't nobody love you like I do
Promise that I will not take it personal, baby
If you're moving on with someone new

Remember when you got mad at me for hooking up with someone? You we're so mad, you we're turning red. While me, I just sat on the corner of my bed, looking down at my foot because I was too scared to look at you again. I hugged you, and said I'm sorry. But, you never tolerated my actions, and let me made you promise that I'll never do it again. I was whipped for you, so I did. I promised you that I won't hook up with someone unless that I'm in a relationship with that person. But now, you have those stupid arguments with him, and I know for sure you think that it's worth it, because he makes you happy. He's the one who makes you happy.

'Cause baby you look happier, you do
My friends told me one day I'll feel it too
And until then I'll smile to hide the truth
But I know I was happier with you

You really we're happy when you we're with me. But, I know you're much happier with him.

Sat on the corner of the room
Everything's reminding me of you
Nursing an empty bottle and telling myself you're happier
Aren't you?

I remember when you told me you, and Kai we're dating. My whole world came crumbling down, my heart shattered, my eyes flooded with tears. You gave me false hopes, Nini. Those loving stares, those couple like gestures, those jealousy towards the people I unintentionally flirted with, those cheek kisses you stole. I thought you liked me back, but I was wrong. Boy, I was so wrong.

Ain't nobody hurt you like I hurt you
But ain't nobody need you like I do
I know that there's others that deserve you
But my darling, I am still in love with you

I smiled widely at you, and told you I'm so happy that you finally found the love you want. You thanked me, and hugged me. You said that you're happy because you have a best friend like me. Of course, why did I even get my hopes up, and thought I'm more than your friend? Why did you make me feel I'm more than a friend?

But I guess you look happier, you do
My friends told me one day I'd feel it too
I could try to smile to hide the truth
I know I was happier with you

Baby, you look happier, you do
I knew one day you'd fall for someone new, But if breaks your heart like lovers do
Just know that I'll be waiting here for you"

After singing, everyone went wild again. They were cheering my name over, and over again like a broken CD. I stopped the tears as I went down the stage. My eyes instantly went to Jennie, to see her eyes with tears. I just smiled at her softly, and looked away. I placed a hand on my chest, because it was aching. I went to my sister, and her friends and told her what I'm feeling. They panicked, and escorted me to the clinic, before I passed out.

"I know you're happier with Kai. It hurts like hell, but as long as you're happy. I'm happy."