4.7 Future

After what seemed like forever, Chaewon and Kaeun stopped in from of a glass door. Beside it were the words "Chamber 1029" written on it.

"We're here" Kaeun announced before looking back at Chaewon.

Chaewon gave her a nod and followed after Kaeun who opened the door.

Inside were shelves and shelves filled with all kinds of test tubes and laboratory equipment. Each of them had labels on them, indicating their identity.

After looking around for some time, Chaewon quickly took the required samples and placed them in her bag before both of them slipped out of the room and back into the corridor.

*********************************

Meanwhile, Minju was still running away from the horde of zombies persistently chasing after her.

She could feel her legs giving away, the strain in her ankles becoming unbearable. However, her will to survive was on fire.

Minju wanted to see Chaewon. She had a whole future planned out for them. She could picture her and Chaewon going out on casual dates, eating out together and even living in the same apartment(Author : totally not a promotion for my 2kim domestic au :3 )

Those desires of hers are what kept her from not giving up.

Shaking her head and focusing in the situation, Minju turned to a corner to lose the zombies but.........oh no.

It was a dead end.

She stopped abruptly, her eyes wavering at the sight of no route of escape. Minju turned around and saw that the zombies were approaching her.

One of them jumped up, about to get to Minju.

And then everything turned black.

*************************************

At the main building, the rest of the girls, along with Bomi, were monitoring Minju's movements through the CCTV cameras. They still had tears welling up as the scene from before stay stuck in her mind.

"Minju....." Sakura mumbled as she saw the girl running away from the zombies.

Their eyes widened when they saw Minju took a wrong choice of direction and stumbled into a dead end.

"N-no" Yuri muttered from where she was sitting on the bed.

Just then the lights went out.

Quick whispers and shuffles could be heard in the room.

"A blackout?" Bomi questioned herself. It was common for the laboratory to have black outs but what a bad timing for it to take place at this moment.

A minute later the lights came back on.

Bomi frantically tapped on the screen to access the cameras again.

"Where is she?" She scanned the cameras but saw no sight of Minju.

"Girls I cant f-" The professor turned her head back to talk to the girls but was shocked instead.

No one was there.

"Huh? Girls?" She called out as her eyes darted around the room.

Only then, it hit her.

"Don't tell me......." She slowly diverted her gaze onto the screen and just as she expected, she saw the people she was looking for running in the corridor towards the Bloom building.

"What?!" She snapped her head to the bed "Yuri why didn't you sto- SHE'S NOT HERE TOO?!"

Looking back at the screen, she saw the injured girl together with the others.