4.6 Tell Her

The girls looked at the incoming horde of zombies, rushing towards them with their mouths wide open. Gripping tightly at their weapons, they mentally prepared themselves.

"One....... Two......." Hyewon whispered, just enough so that the girls could hear her.

"Three!!"

On the count of three, the girls sprinted forward and tackled the crowd head on.

They were extra careful while fighting, however, because once a vaccine was made, these zombies could be turned back into human beings.

They didn't want to take anymore lives.

Chaeyeon used the blunt end of her katana and swung against the zombies, making them fall down. The others followed suit, hitting the zombies in a way that might not kill them.

Due to this however, the zombies kept getting up one by one.

There was no end to them.

"Any plans?" Yujin asked as she gritted her teeth and swung her bat towards a zombie.

Yujin took the silence as a 'no' and continued fighting. All these actions were starting to take a toll on the girls.

Meanwhile, a girl was feeling guilty about the whole situation.

"If only I didn't step on the damn text tube" She blamed herself that her friends were in this situation now "It's all my fault"

"Girls! We won't survive if this keeps going on" Eunbi announces, kicking away the zombie at her feet "We need to run back to the main building"

"B-but Chaewon..." Minju spoke up.

"Minju-yah" Chaeyeon called out "Eunbi is right. We should retreat for now. Chaewon is with Kaeun-unnie so she will be safe for sure. Remember? Kaeun-unnie fought against three of us at once and yet, remained unhurt. She will protect Chaewon"

Although hesitant, Minju nodded timidly. The girl was still blaming herself.

Noticing this, Eunbi spoke.

"Minju-yah it's not your fault. It's just an accident" She reassures before avoiding a zombie jumping towards her.

All five girls glanced at each other with knowing looks. Once again, Hyewon mouthed 'One... Two..... Three'

And then they avoided all the incoming attacks of the zombies and ran with all their might.

Fortunately, they remembered the route back to the building. Minju looked back and saw that the zombies were still running after them without rest.

"Persistent bastards" She cursed under her breath.

Running around a corner, they were about to reach the corridor connecting to the main building. All they needed to do was run through the corridor and get to the door at the end of it.

******************************************
Back at the main building, the other girls were in chaos.

"They're coming back!! Someone open the door!"

Yena immediately stood up and rushed over to the door, keeping an eye out for the girls.

At the same time, Bomi was monitoring the girls through the CCTV cameras and saw that the zombies were right at their tail.

"This is bad" She mumbled to herself "They're not gonna make it"

Yuri, who heard that, abruptly turned her head towards the professor.

"W-what do you mean by that?" She stuttered, afraid to hear the answer.

"They may make it back to the building but...... there won't be enough time to close the doors back. The zombies are too close to them"