4.3 Chamber 1029

The room went silent as Yuri let Kaeun's words sink in.

"I'm the v-vaccine?" She spoke each word carefully.

"Yes Yuri-ah..... That's the reason why you didn't turn into a zombie even though you got bitten"

Kaeun's words made Yena flinch a bit as the scene of Yuri getting bitten flashed across her mind. She shook her thoughts off and clenched her fists.

"Since I'm the vaccine does that mean if we use my DNA, we can make a vaccine for everyone??!"

"Technically yes...... but it's not that simple" Bo-mi replied.

"Umm Professor Bomi?" Chaewon raises her hand for permission to speak.

"Yes?"

"I just got an idea. Like umm almost all of Korea is currently filled with loads and loads of those creature yeah? So I don't think it would be possible to inject each and every one of them with the vaccine"

"Good point kid but we know that too"

Bo-mi was about to speak again as she found Chaewon's idea something common when Chaewon spoke once again.

"So I was thinking" Chaewon continued "How about we use Yuri's DNA since she have the vaccine in her and combine it with those of contagious diseases which are spreaded upon touch, such as common cold. In this way we can make the zombies turn back into humans just by spraying them with the vaccine as well as prevent humans from turning into zombies"

Bo-mi stopped and looked at Chaewon. She knew she had underestimated the girl. From the confident glint in her eyes to the way she came up with such solutions reminded her of Professor Hajoon.

"Right..... Thats right! We could do that! How come we never thought of it before" Bo-mi exclaimed "You surely got your dad's genes"

Bo-mi then smiled while the rest of the girl erupted in cheers as they had, at long last, knew how to stop the apocalypse.

Minju grinned proudly at her girlfriend and intertwined their hands before softly kissing her cheek.

"That's my girl" She whispered into Chaewon's ear, making the latter a blushing mess.

"Ew PDA" Nako mumbled bitterly in disgust.

"You wouldn't say that if I did that to you, would you?" Hitimi smirked from beside her.

"Shut up"

The girls were celebrating when Bo-mi suddenly turned quiet.

"What's wrong?" Wonyoung asked.

"I forgot that we have a problem" Bo-mi replied, a 180 degrees change from her previous mood.

"To start off, the building we're currently in is the main building. On both sides of the building is the Color building and the Bloom building. Those buildings are where the experiments took place"

Bo-mi then picked up the remote from the table and pointed it towards the TV in the room.

The TV buzzed on to show various CCTV videos.

"As Chaewon said before, we could make a vaccine using DNA from viruses like common cold but the thing is...... the samples for the viruses are all stored in the Bloom building"

Bo-mi clicked a button on the remote and the TV instantly showed zombies lingering in the corridors.

Some were limping slowly in the hallways while others remain standing still.

"And this...... is the current situation of the Bloom building"

"Shit" Eunbi cursed under her breath.