him

"So, what do the inlaws think of the trip so far?" I chuckled slightly and turned to Lucas as he took a gulp of water from the bottle I had passed him a few moments prior.

"They're enjoying it so far, I just hope to god nothing fucks up." He nodded silently, his lips forming a thin line as he did so.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you. Your brother asked about Kai's whereabouts the other day." My eyes widened slightly as I stared at him in shock.

"For real?"

"Yeah, said he needed to have a chat with him about something really important."

"Did he say what?" He shook his head as he stared ahead, watching the other staff wandering the hallways as we waited for the meeting to begin.

"He only said it was important and not to tell you... hence the reason I forgot to tell you."

I let my mind wander to try and figure out what he could possibly want to see Kai over, only to then realise the whole reason he isn't in this room right now. Me.

"Does anyone actually know where he is though?" He nodded, his face completely blank as he began to speak.

"Unfortunately, he's a lot closer than you'd like to think."

-2 hours later ~ 12:31 PM ~ Unknown POV-

"Yah! Jongin, you do realise while you're sat here drinking over some girl who's never gonna love you back, you could actually be helping your uncle and I with the shop."

"Indeed I do, Auntie."

"This is why I told your mother to send you to your grandma instead, she'd have whooped you so many times already you'd be a walking caution sign."

"It's not my fault I got my heart broken, Auntie." She let out a deep sigh and placed the broom she was holding against the wall before leaning down to his level.

"That's why, my boy, you need to pick yourself back up and carry on. It's hard, I know. But, someday you'll find someone who deserves you and fights for you, and that girl will want you back, but you'll be taken." He let out a bitter chuckle at his elders words, not seeing the true meaning behind them.

"So I need to make her jealous to want me back?" She nodded at her nephew, his sadistic smile not worrying her until a few moments after he'd ran out of the building, laughing manicaly as he went.

-45 minutes later ~ 13:16 PM ~ Auther POV-

"Is anyone able to run down to the flyer store down the road and give them these designs? We need one copy of each if possible." Mrs. Park glanced around the room before her eyes landed on Eun's raised hand.

"I can run down there." She nodded at the enthusiastic young woman.

"Just one of each, that should be enough for the board meeting tomorrow."

"Ok, Ma'am. I'll be back as soon as I can."

She exited the room, holding the design portfolio, her phone and Mrs. Park's bank card.

"Hello, young miss. May I ask where you're headed?" She turned to the slightly older woman stood behind the front desk of JSS' Security branch where the team were currently working.

"Ah, right. I'm headed to the flyer shop down the road, I should only be 10 minutes." The woman nodded and wrote her words in the notepad beside her.

"If you aren't back in 10 minutes, I'll send one of the men down for you, although I'm sure you'll be fine, we just can't be too careful."

"Oh, thank you. I'll be right back!"