undeniable fire

"a pretty banana..?" I giggled "never heard that one before, thank you sweetie.."

she giggled and grabbed my hand, using her other hand she grabbed her dad's left hand and shoved our hands together, forcing them to intertwine. the feel of his hand in mine was something I wanted for years, now I had it.

my eyes widened at her actions, along with jungkook's, i pulled my hand from his grip gently, suddenly a feeling of emptiness filled my body, my hand left cold.

"J-jungmi!" Jungkook stuttered his sentence.

"Maybe we should uhm head out sweetie..? let's pay, yeah?" jungmi pouted but nodded at her dad.

"hey, you know what, what's your number, Eun?" I nodded and smiled at him, he handed me his phone, opened on; 'Add a new contact'.

I tapped my number into his phone, before just adding my name at the top. I handed it back to him and watched as his eyes scanned the screen, full of happiness.

I watched as he tapped the top of the screen and tapped the keyboard a little, swiping every now and then. I frowned before just shrugging and crouching down to Jungmi's level.

"I'll see you soon I guess." she nodded and jumped forward, wrapping her little arms around my neck, squeezing tightly. I hugged her back and watched as she pulled away slightly, just to press a soft kiss on my temple.

I smiled softly at her before pressing a soft kiss on her cheek, earning a bright smile and little giggle.

"that's sweet.."

I looked up to jungkook who was smiling brightly, blushing slightly. I smiled up at him before pulling away from Jungmi and standing up.

"I better get going, see you soon, okay?" Jungmi nodded enthusiastically before turning to her dad, seeing his starstruck state.

"Bye Kookie." I winked at him and turned before walking he opposite direction of them.

i exited the shop, forgetting the entire reason i was there in the first place; banana milk.

I was skipping back home when I heard my phone ping, I slowed my pace down to a walk and pulled my phone out from my coat pocket.

It read:

Unknown number:
Hey Eunie, it's Kook. It was great seeing you again, I missed you 💕

I blushed at his text. my stomach didnt just have butterflies, but the whole damn zoo.

Now that i think about it, there was this kind of... undeniable fire in his eyes..