Part 22

"Hello." Raman sleepily answered his phone. The watch read 2 pm.

"Raman?" he rested his back on head rest rubbing his eyes with his fist.

"J, is everything alright?" He found the simple hum in the other side little unsettling "o why are disturbing my sleep?"

"Your sleep? Oh I am so sorry. Damn, I always forget about the time difference. You sleep man, I will call you later-"

"J, J. Its okay. How are you." He cut the rant in mid.

"I miss you, Raman." He smiled. He could totally see him playing with his fingers.

"I miss you too man." He replied "So, what's the special occasion that you disturbed my sleep?"

"Actually - Its nothing serious. I just wanted to tell you- that."

"Did you meet someone?" He asked with a grin.

"Ah- You can say that."

"Who is it? He is good? Are you guys serious? I need to meet this guy. I taking the next flight available-"

"Raman. Its nothing like that. He asked for a coffee. Its not even a date. Its just, he iis our new investor. I just wanted to ask you before saying yes or no."

"J, as long as you are happy nothing matters." Raman smiled hearing the sigh on the other side.

"THANK YOU, RAMAN. He is so good and so handsome. His muscles." Raman smiled hearing the mumbling in the other side.

He was genuinely happy for his friend. If anyone deserved happiness, it was Jordan. But a small part of him was jealous.

When his life is crumbling, ever relation is being tested; others are happy with their.

He too wanted a happy ending but what he got was far from happy and it looked like he was far from his ending too.

He felt as if time was slowing down. Every minute felt like a hour, every second reminded him of his ugly face.

Wiping the lone tear that betrayed him, he wished Jordan for his date and tried to clear mind through a nap.

*****

Tugging the pealts inside her underskirt, Ishita could not help but let her fingers gently caress her flat stomach.

There is a baby inside she smile in delight.

"Akka" Mihika softly called from behind, her eyes not leaving Ishita's fingers.

"Mujhe pata hai, Mihika. Itni bhi budhu nahi hu mai. Mujhe pata hai ye bacha mera nahi, ye bhi mujhe xodke jane wala hai. Maine tho bas apna kokh diya hai. Par iss ehsas ka kya karu mai, Mihika? Ek gudgudi si hoti hai ye soch ke ki ek nanhi si jaan hai mere andar. Ek bechani si hoti hai nau mahine mei kese uska khayal rakhungi. Haa uske paas nahi rahungi, sayad kabhi usko dekh bhi nahi paungi par agar kych nahi tho Devki toh ban sakti hu na?"
(I know, Mihika. I am not that stupid. I know this baby is not mine, he/she is also going to leave me. And I have given only my womb. But what should I do about this feeling? I feel ticklish thinking there is a life inside me. I feel restless thinking whether or not I can take care of them for 9 months. I know I won't be with them, maybe won't be able to see them too. But I can't pretend to be Devki if not anything?)