Part 17

Enjoy

"Mujhe divorce chahiye."

Those words still rang on Ishitas ear. She, herself was suprised with the determination on her voice.

She softly smiled seeing Mihika's reaction. She had expected her to rejoice but all she got was prelonged silence.

"Bhabhi" Mihir sighed "hamari baat hui thina."
(Bhabhi, we talked about it.)

To say Ishita was annoyed was understatement. She knew she was not the smartest person, but she was not stupid too. She remembered well what Mihir had told her.

"Bhabi, srif sign karne se divorce nahi hota. Court mein register karna hota hai. Kuch kanun hote hai, kuch prakriya hota hai. Kam se kam 6 mahine tho lagenge, aur tab tak aap pati patni ho, rahoge."
(Bhabi, you don't get divorced jist like that. You have to register the paper on cout. Follow some procedure. As much as I know, it will take 6 months in minimum. And till than you are and will be husband and wife.)

"Mujhe yaad hai, Mihir." Ishita replied, "aur mein firse paper banwane ki, sign jarne ni baat nahi kar rahi hu. Wo paper court mein jama kardo, please."
(I remember, Mihir. And I am not saying to make the paper, to sign it again. Just submit those paper, please.)

Mihika glared Mihir reading the offense on her words while Mihir tried to ignore her.

"Mai to bas..." Mihir was cut by Ishita.
(I was just...)

"Mujhe yehi pe chod doge?" She asked.
(Do you mind dropping me here only?)

Mihir was about to protest but one look from Mihika and he  just stopped the car on side. Ishita passed a smile before opening the door.

"Why would you do that, Mihir? She is finally taking her desicions but no someone had to poke their nose in between." Mihika mocked crossing her arms.

"I just wanted to make sure, she had that concept clear. I am sorry ok?" Mihir raged "I don't work in women empowerment NGO, I dont deal with these priblem in daily basis."

"One person has done enough damage thinking about her betterment. Now that there is some hope, please dont crush it. Let her walk, trip, run, fall; just let her live her life." She shoot back.

Mihika continued to stare the road ahead and Mihir continued driving giving her glances time to time.

*****

Ishita's smiled left her lips as soon as Mihir's car disspear on the road.

She could not help but feel some mock on his tone. Deep down she knew Mihir would never tease her, that too on such sensitive topic but her insecurities were uncontrobale.

There is no denying, these two weeks were incredible. She got Raman's attention in one form or other, he praised the food she made, he showed affection, hell he even hugged her.

But Ishita never forgot the main reason for all this, the accident, the scar, his insecurities about others opinion.

She highly doubt they would have been in same house, if it was not for those events.