Part 6

Enjoy

Raman passed a blank look to Maria as she served him his food. Just like yesterday, when Ishita didn't appeared. He waited, he waited till the hot steam stop to appear over the soup, till the hot soup turned into cold, till his stomach cried for food. Sudden anger started evolving him. Anger to Ishita.

What is this with her attitude. I waited. I, Raman Kumar Bhlla waited for her. Even though I was hungry waited. But madam justt don't care, she must be there enjoying some non-nonsense MIL-DIL fights. Raman huffed.

He was about to shout Ishita's name but stopped hearing her laugh. He slowly entered kitchen, only to see all the helps inside house along with Ishita, sitting on the floor and sharing foods along with jokes. They all stopped as he entered. Ishita raised her eyebrows asking his reason to enter kitchen.

He narrowed his eyes, there I was waiting for you and madam was enjoying here. I'm so hungry and you don't even care, huh. Raman twisted his lips downward.

Ishita wondered about the expression flowing in his face, standing up. He gently pulled her holding her wrist, and made her sit on the side chair. He passed the bowl to her as she sat. Ishita noticed the cold soup and took it inside make new one. Raman waited keeping his chin over his folded hands. Ishita was about to leave after giving soup, as she thought he wanted her to heat soup. But Raman opened her mouth cutely, like a baby. Ishita first looked at Raman, then the soup, then herself and again Raman to confirm, she isn't dreaming/imagining things.

She slowly raised the spoon full of the thick, creamy soup and pushed toward his lips who greedily sucked everything like a hungry kid. Ishita mechanically fed him the soup while her mind was wandering on the past memories.

About 3 yrs ago

Ishita carefully watched as the new man distributed lunch packet to the children. She was here from the very begining, like her every memories has the orphanage. At the age of 17, she is the oldest one on the orphanage, yet to leave it. The last caretaker was worst so this humble nature was creating suspicions. Mr Bhalla passed a huge smile sitting beside her sensing her hesitation.
"Aap yaha sab se bade ho?" he asked mixing the sauce on chowmein.(You're the biggest one here?)
She nodded.
"Mujhe pata hai. Thoda muskil hai. Par sachi mein dikhawa nahi kar raha hu." he said pinching his neck like a baby, making her giggle.(I know. its little difficult. But trust me I mnt acting.)
He forwarded the fork toward her who unknowningly ate it.

Back to present

The sound of spoon hitting the bowl jolted her back to reality. Raman passed her a sweet smile, which Ishita look as thank you. And she disappeared inside kitchen.

*

An excited Ashok entered Dr. Batra's cabin. "Is-is the baby ready?" he asked gluping the lump formed on his throat.
"Oh Ashok" she said examining him from his head to toe "God you have looks to die for" making him uncomfortable.
"I would have been honoured to give you the baby but ...alas." she showed her sadness.
Ashok fisted his hand tring to control the building rage within him.
" Umm.... baby?" he remined her his purpose to come.
"Baby..." she continued almost disinterested "Though its ready some test are yet to be done. Will call you within 1 week." she added. And Ashok ran out of the cabin without waiting for single second.

He is giving giving me 1 million, how much would he be paying the surrogate one?, She kept wondering till she was visited by next patient.

"I miss you" Ashok whispered looking Sagun's pic. He missed how she would shield him from Dr. Batra's eyes. With running time he missed her more, and along increased his hate and determination to bring Raman's distruction.