Part 15

The loud sound of bell woke Ashok from his sleep. Crushing the person who decided to pay him visit at 11 pm, he moved downstairs.

When he opened the door all he could do was stare. He had expected anyone but the person standing there.

Hell at that moment he would have been less suprised if it was Raman. Because deep down he wished/hoped, Raman would come and hug him tight;
just like he used to when they would lose some match, when Sagun accepted his proposal , when his father abondoned him after his marriage, when Sagun chose her modelling career over him, when... just when anything bad or good happened.

"Ashok" her soft call jolted him back to reality.

Blinking hard to be sure its not a dream, he let his emotions take over him. Hugging her tight he enjoyed the warmth around him.

In many days, many days, Ashok felt he might not be as alone as he thought.

Her soft patting somehow made him feel better. Without even parting from her, he gently pulled her in.

She smiled when he made her sit on couch and put his head on her lap, making her pat his hair softly.

"Sagun so rahi hai?" Naina asked softly but then the hell broke.
               (Is Sagun sleeping?)

"Sagun... maa, Sagun" Ashik tried his best to make his voice clear but it hard with the wobbling lips ands flowing tears.

                               ****

"Ashok didn't come." Raman whispered more to himself.

Mihir was shocked.
Was Raman really expecting Ashok?

His Wife died for heavenseak.

If anything they should be there supporting him not partying here.

Putting the glass back on the table, he continued "I am sorry, man. I wish .... If only I had a courage to face you. I am so sorry."

Clearing his thoart to subside the hoarseness, Raman smiled at someone.

A sudden wave of guilt rush over Mihir. Patting Raman's back softly "That was not your fault."

Mihir tried to comfort him eventhough, he himself doubted that.

"Ashok said someone..." Mihir continued trying hard to make in convince.

"Not because of that. That baby..." Raman stopped taking some sips.

"That's so unfortunate. Anyway don't try to think about him, ok! " Mihir said before turning to order a glass of water.

"That's unfortunate, Mihir" Raman wishpered swrilling the drink "But whats more unfortunate is ... Ashok will never know the truth."

                               ****

Mihika groaned internally, tried from all fake smile. She really wished Mihir would spend more time with her. But it was Raman's birthday and she didn't want to be selfish.