Part 24

Raman nodded to himself with determination, thinking something.

This girl I tell you, he shook his head seeing Ishita sleeping in that uncomfortable position.

He was about to shake her when Rima came out through the door again.

"Jeeju, are you guys staying for the night? Its just I have to lock the main gate." She eagerly explained not wanting to make him angry.

"Why will you? Are not there any guard, warden?" He asked worried about the safety of the children.

"Guard uncle and aunty took a leave toady as its their anniversary. So as the eldest here, its my and Nikhil's responsibility." She explained with a proud smile.

"Are not you guys scared?" He softly asked.

"Of what? Don't you worry, no thief is going to visit orphanage." She laughed innocently at his question where as her innocence pinched his heart.

If only robbery was the only threat, he thought to f.

"We are staying. You go sleep otherwise she going to burst on you again." He pointed toward Ishita. Rima nodded giggling softly before disappearing inside the door again.

"Ishita." He softly shook her, waiting for her to wake up.

She rubbed her eyes with her fingers softly, blinking two three times she tried to adjust to the light.

"Chalo, Utho" He nudged her as she closed eyes again.
(Come on, Get up.)

"Jee?" She asked her sleepy mind trying to process his words.

"Mai aaj yehi rukne ka soch rahi thi. Is waqt yahase koi taxi riksha nahi milega. Aap ke liye kisiko buladu?" She softly asked.
(I was thinking of staying the night. You won't get any taxi or riksha. Should I call someone for you?)

"Kyu? Mai kahi jaa raha. Mai bhi yehi rukunga." Raman declared annoyed with with her asumsion.
(Why? I am not going anywhere. I am too staying here only.)

"Aap yaha kese rukh sakte ho?" She asked again.
(How would you stay here?)

"Aur que nahi reh sakta?" He crossed his arms.
(And why can't I?)

"Nahi mera matlab" She hurriedly shook her head "Apko aaram se so nahi pawoge. . . Aaieye mai apko kamr dikhadu."
(I just meant to say you won't be comfortable here. . . Come, I will show you the room.)

SShe was locking the main door when entered inside and was looking around the hall.

There was not much in the room. One worn out couch set, a small tea table, some cushions were pied up on the corner and two cupboard with books. Light blue colour was giving the soothing effect in the worn-out room.

She smiled softly to him asking him to follow her. Through the back door, they entered the small coridor.

"Yeh kitchen hai, girls' room, boys'." Ishita pointed to the as they passed by and softly whispered opening a door of a small room "Yeh Papaji ka kamra."
(That's kitchen, girls' room, boys' and thats Papa's)