Part 13

Enjoy

"He is not my son he is my nephew. His parents are no more." A single drop of tear wetted Mihir's face. Bitting his lips hard, he kept his sobs to himself.

The principle passed a sympathic look to him. His father stared him with a disgusted face. Typical old man who could not digest his "son" being sexually harresed.

Mihir nodded when he was asked to be back to his classes. He was about to run to some washroom but he could not control more when he saw Raman standing there with arms open.

He ran to them, cried hard. Raman patted his hair, whispering shoothing words what a 13 yr old could manage.

****

He watched the beeping phone as his father cut the call.

"Wrong number" he had replied when he wished him father's day.

How can the number he knew by heart, for yrs now, be wrong?

How could the voice he could even reconize in sleep say its wrong number?

But it happened to Mihir. Someone snatched the landline, too excited to talk to their father. He didn't even look who.

He was about to go to his drom when someone patted his back.

Om Prakash Bhalla was standing there with a huge smile, holding some cards made my Raman. He had also made it but alas. Those innocent eyes get filled again. Mr. Bhalla's lips truned down quickly; he cupped those chubby cheeks on his hand after dropping on his knees.

"What happened Mihir?" He asked in soft tone. Mihir didn't remember what he said but he said sth. Next thing he knew he was crushed between two bodies.

"We are here for you Mihir." Mr. Bhalla said "Come lets go. We will finish your bhai's savings" he whispered the last part to him, earning a sweet innocent giggles in return and a "not fair" from Raman.

That was the last time Mihir heard anything from his family. They never showed up and calls were always claimed wrong numbers.

But Mihir was glad he got a new family. His Papa, his bhai, his family.

"Missing you Papa" Mihir whispered fixing the garland on Mr. Bhalla's portrait.

Mihika pressed his shoulder from back. He tried to be normal but left the act when Mihika shook her head. He hugged her tight letting her tshirt absorbe his tears.

****

Raman fisted his plam hard. It was hard for him. They have always been each others pillar.

Those three against the world, his papa, him and Mihir.

He still remembered, how his father cried when 8 yr Mihir and 14 yr Raman gave Mr. Bhalla his present in father's day. How tightly he hugged them. How he left a huge tip after their lunch. How they promised to look after each other no matter what.

He could still tell every single details about any of their moments.

He tried really hard but could not help but felt hurt and guilty sametime.

He was supposed to support Mihir like he did to him. They both were supposed to cry, missing their Papa. He could not stop himself from feeling hurt.

But Mihika was his girlfriend maybe something more in near future. Her being caring, comforting is good for Mihir. He should be proud of Mihir's choice. He could not stop himself from feeling guilty.