24| Driving

"You seemed to enjoy your party after all even though you didn't want one." Dale smiled smugly at his daughter. The three adults were sitting around the breakfast table in the hotel enjoying some grub before they got into their cars to head  back home. Kimberly looked passed her father at Savannah who looked an utter wreck. She was glad to say she didn't feel the same way. She didn't feel much different, she didn't feel any older than she had the day before.

"Oh, I definitely did." She smiled and looked to Robert from the corner of her eye. Robert had a small smile on his face as he took a bite of his toast.

"I don't look forward to having to leave you again soon. I've had plans on teaching you how to drive for a while now but things seem to keep getting in the way, and considering you're a woman now you're going to need to drive soon, dolly." Kim' father spoke truthfully. She had always disliked the idea of driving, she didn't feel as if she could stay in control. She did not want to do it.

"You make me feel old and it was only my birthday yesterday." Kim laughed a little.

"Are we even sure she can reach the peddles." The brunette man teasing with a smirk aimed at his girl.

"Hey! I-"

"Hold on, Kim, Robert might have a point here." Dale chuckled.

"Oh you two are so mean." Kim rolled her eyes. She liked this. She wanted to have her father around but also feel free with Robert. But she knew that was impossible.

"Robert, do you mind carrying her in? She fell asleep on the way home." Dale requested while pulling a suitcase out of the boot of his car. The amount of things that bury cars held was insane. The dress, the suits, gifts, all sorts completely filled the cars to the brim.

"Yeah, course I will." Dale went and unlocked the front door while Robert made his way around to the front of Dale's car and lifted the sleeping girl into his arms. He headed straight up the staircase and into Kimberly's room. Carefully laying her down, he tucked a pink, fluffy blanket under her chin to keep her warm, and paid a kiss on her forehead. He didn't want to leave the room. She looked so angelic as she slept, her lips parted slightly where she let out small breaths escaped, her golden hair spread across the pillows.

Robert headed back downstairs to help Dale with the cases, no matter how he wanted to lay down besides his girl, he knew he couldn't. At least not while her father was home. Robert lugged Kimberly's suitcase out of the car while Dale dragged in balloon after balloon into the living room. "I've been thinking about earlier, how you said you wanted to teach Kimberly how to drive." Robert spoke to the older man.

"Mhm?" Dale hummed in response.

"Well I can teach her. You and I both know I'm a perfectly capable driver, I obviously have a lot of time with Kim to spare, why not put it to some use?" Robert shrugged as he yanked out the largest suitcase from the boot of Dale's car, said suitcase landing right on his foot causing the tall man to jump back in shock and pain. "Fuck! Dick! Pussy!" He shouted the first few words that come to mind as he hopped around on his left foot, holding his right in attempts of soothing the throbbing pain shooting from the tip of his toes to his knee.

Dale raised a brow in amusement. "Well, maybe once that heals up I'll think about it."

"Good call." Robert sighed in pain.

"Oh, I also wanted Kim to get a job. Even if she's still my baby I believe in working for your money and there's no exception for her." Dale locked his car and headed for his living room with Robert trailing behind, a small pout upon his lips from the pain in his foot. "So I was thinking how she could work at the little café we have at the office."

Robert tensed slightly at that idea. "At the office? You know Kim more than anyone so you obviously know how shy she can get, do you think it's the best idea to surround her with intimidating business men?"

"If she wants to succeed in life she will have to lose the shyness." Dale shrugged.

"I just don't think its the best-"

"It won't be just yet. School finishes up in five months. During that time you teach her to drive, she studies for her finals, passes them all and finishes school. Then she will start at the cafe. At least there she's closer to you if anything goes wrong."

Robert thought for a moment. He did have a point. "Okay, it sounds reasonable."

"Great." Dale smiled. "I trust you will keep her safe. No joyriding, no drinking and driving, I don't want to hear if anything fines. Got it?"

Robert nodded with amusement. "She won't get into any trouble. That's a promise."

I am so so sorry for how short this is, I am just so tired. Between this book, online, and getting professional daddy right he published with Amazon I'm pretty overload. And now a novella is being thrown into the mix. I hope you enjoy it either way.
-K