11| Pingu

Kim's original plan was to go to sleep once she got home and shower in the morning, but she felt like she was covered in sweat, alcohol and quite frankly she stank. She had a quick snack before hopping in the shower and washing off all her makeup. She threw on some comfy pyjamas and headed for the staircase. She saw Robert sitting in the living room with a laptop... well on his lap. Huh. Funny how things are named.

"Can't sleep?" She questioned with a tilt of her head.

"Nope, I have a splitting headache so going to get some word done." Kim placed a kiss on the man's cheek and said goodnight before running upstairs to her room. Usually she would fall asleep to the sound of Bailey Sarian speaking of a murder mystery case as she did her makeup. Quite an unusual thing to fall asleep to yes, but it felt like she was being told a story. But tonight she was just way too tired.

She flicked on her phone's flashlight to search under her bed for her familiar colourful box. She squinted her eyes. Things have been moved. She shrugged it off, presuming she just must accidentally knocked the box causing things to move about. She pulled out a light yellow paci and plopped it into her mouth, and hid the box back under her bed once again. She was out cold in no time.

It was almost three in the morning and Robert was still in the living room. He had taken some painkillers, drank almost a litre of water and had something small to eat, but nothing would cure the aching in his head. His thoughts drifted to Kimberly who he knew by now was fast asleep. He wanted to ask her how her night went but by the time she got in through the front door she looked exhausted so he let her get ready for bed.

Earlier that night he was in his room, watching television in bed when he heard the sound of glass smashing. He looked out his window to see Kimberly and Elijah taking it in turns to throw glass bottles into a box. He found his body temperature rising. He was angry. He felt ridiculous. He was jealous over a girl that wasn't even his.

Nothing was working. Nothing cleared the thoughts of the bubbly blonde from his head. He saved his documents and closed down his laptop before heading upstairs. He was in his own set of pyjamas — red bottoms and a grey tank-top — opting for comfort over style that evening. Caiden had left not long after Kimberly went to the party, he had a date with a red head who was an "absolute ten" in Caiden's words, leaving just the two at home.

Once Robert reached the top of the staircase, instead of going across the hall to his room, he slowly pushed open Kimberly's bedroom door. He just wanted to check that she was okay, especially since she had seemed to have drank quite a bit of alcohol. His eyes locked on a yellow paci in her mouth and a stuffie in her hand. He couldn't help but smile at the sight. Adorable.

Suddenly her eyes fluttered open. "Robert?" She mumbled over her paci.

"Hey princess, just checking on you." Robert spoke softly, not to startle the girl. A wave of shock flowed over her face in the dimly lit room. She was quick to raise her hand and snatched the paci from her mouth, throwing it under her pillow. His heart faulted slightly. She's ashamed. He took small steps towards her bed and crouched down at her side. "Hey, no need for that." Robert's hand found the paci from under the pillow, he gave it a quick wipe before popping it back in her mouth. "I know you're a little, sweetheart, don't be ashamed of using a paci."

"Y-you know?" She stuttered, eyes wide like cherry pie. "Did dad tell you?!" I'll kill that blabbermouth.

"He didn't. We'll talk about it in the morning, get some rest." He brought his fingers to her head, running them through her hair to smooth her. It was Kimberly's favourite act of comfort. She liked being petted, no matter how some people may find that weird. It made her feel small. And that was her favourite feeling in the world.

His lips left a soft kiss upon her forehead before he stood to his feet so he could leave her to sleep. "Robert?"

"Yes, baby?" He turned back around to see she was now sitting up. What a sight. Her hair cascading down her back, a few baby hairs over her forehead with her tiny left hand holding her penguin's flipper, with a paci in her mouth. She was warming up to the idea of him seeing her while little. It melted his heart to know. He wanted to scoop her up in his arms and fight off any of the monsters like in a princess story. He's be her knight in shining armour. Any day of the week. Whenever she needed him.

"Can you lay here with me, please?" She asked shyly. Of course Robert smiled at her question. Who wouldn't? She held the blanket up for him to slide in next to her. They hadn't spoke about sharing a bed a few nights prior. Neither one wanted to admit it was one of the best sleeps they ever had. What if the other didn't feel the same? Yes, Robert was dominant, but rejection still hurt. And the last person he wanted to be rejected by was her. He wrapped his arms around her small figure, holding her head against his chest.

Robert tried to contain a small chuckle at the feeling of her stuffed penguin against his leg, but it slipped out. She refused to let it go, it was adorable. He felt as if he was under some sort of spell. Like he was wrapped around her little finger. Her free hand reach up to hold onto his shirt. "That's Pingu." She whispered, hinting at the stuffie he was laughing about.

"Goodnight Pingu." Robert whispered, holding her as close as possible. "And goodnight my little princess."

Nawww. I had to add in my little Pingu.

I'm trying to bash out a lot of chapters if I'm truthful. I want this book to be completed soon.

I don't have much else to say except my flat is a mess and I have no room to clean it.

And hungry.

Anyway. Byeeee.
-K