14| Bear

Robert and Kim sat on opposite couches. Neither dared to speak. It was an awkward and silent car ride home. Robert felt ridiculous for his words. What a fucking idiot. He was wrong for admitting his feelings to a taken girl. But he just couldn't help it, he wanted to know if she felt the same. Kim on the other hand was silent with shock. She was trying to process this new information, but it was just so...

Kimberly was the first to speak, but her voice came out barely above a whisper. "Robert?"

"Yes, Kim?" His head shot up, he didn't know what he was expecting her to say, or even what he was wanting her to say, or do. He was mentally beating himself up for his words and atrocious timing.

"Are you okay?" She whispered.

"Of course. Are you? Do you need anything?" Robert looked around to check if there was anything she was missing.

"Robert." Kimberly whined. "You know I have Elijah, right?"

"Yes, baby I know." He sighed. "I shouldn't have said what I said." He couldn't meet her eyes. He felt guilty.

"You upset me when you ignored me." She pouted.

"I know, I know-"

"So why?! Why would you do that, Robert?" She finally burst in anger. "You can't ignore me, then suddenly tell me you have feelings for me! Especially when I already have a boyfriend! Are you insane?!"

"I don't like that you're with Elijah!" Robert shouted back. "Okay? I want you but I can't have you. Is that what you wanted to hear? Me ripping my heart apart for you?"

"Exactly! I have Elijah! You don't just- God, Robert. Why would you mess with my head like this?! I have Elijah. He's so sweet to me and kind. I have-"

"Elijah." A different voice filled in the word. It was the boy himself. The raven haired boy looked between the the two at war. "What're you talking about?"

"Oh nothing, I was um, just about to phone you to say that I cant come today." Kimberly mumbled and stood to her feet. She was shaking her head lightly, she didn't want to look at him. They had plans to go to the funfair, but after Robert's ridiculous confession she didn't exactly feel like being near the boy they were arguing over.

"Oh, why? What's wrong?" Elijah questioned in a suspicious tone of voice, taking another step into the living room.

"I'm grounded." She lied.

Elijah's eyebrows rose in confusion, he knew Kim was never grounded. She looked to Robert with pleading eyes for him to back her up. "Yeah, she uh-"

"I was having a tantrum and smashed up his room." Kimberly continued to lie. She didn't want to lie to Elijah, she really didn't. But he couldn't know what they were talking about, especially not when she didn't even know what was going on.

"Is that what you were shouting about when I came here?" Elijah asked in confusion. By the look in his face he wasn't believing a single word he was hearing.

"uh-"

"Yes, I was telling her she cant go with you tonight." Robert covered.

"Oh, well I'll be off then." Elijah eyed the two before turning towards the door without another word.

"Why didn't you wan't to go with Elijah?" The brunette questioned.

"Well, you've sort of confused me a little." She admitted.

"I'm sorry for how I went about this, Kimberly, I really am. Just every day it gets harder and harder. I feel like I'm living with a girl who's designed specifically for me. As if you were handcrafted to fit between my arms. Like your heart is the missing puzzle piece of my soul. I've never met anyone who has ever had me in this sort of trance before." Kimberly started at the man like he was out of his mind. "Come sit down." He patted his knee for Kim to sit.