2| Sweet

"What time will you be leaving?" Kimberly rather cheekily questioned Robert

He looked to her with a raised brow. A man of few words sometimes, it very much frustrated Kimberly. Robert always spoke without actually letting any words leave his body, while Caiden on-the-other hand never shut up. Once realising Kimberly was not about to elaborate Robert finally spoke up. "I take it your father didn't tell you?" It was her turn to stay silent. "One of us will be sleeping here too."

Her mouth fell agape. "What? Why? Both of you?"

"So many questions, such a little girl." Robert mumbled to himself. "Not both of us. I'll be here in the mornings and evenings, Caiden during the day. That's unless our work schedules change but I'm almost positive Dale made sure that they wouldn't."

"Oh." She didn't mean to sound disappointed, but she wasn't planning on that factor. It was becoming increasingly harder to find time for her little-self. "I mean, I don't mind. I just wish he told me."

Robert smirked. "Don't worry, I won't be in your way much. But, I am in-charge now."

"You have to follow my father's rules." Kim often enjoyed contradicting people, she liked being in the right all the time.

Robert took a seat besides the girl on the black couch. "On the contrary, your father left us a binder of things we need to make sure of, but outside of that he told us we could do whatever we see fit."

"I'm gonna shower." Kim shook her head, feeling as if she took in too much Information all at once.

She rushed upstairs to search through her drawers for some pyjamas. She could hear Robert making his way up the staircase soon after, then tapping a small knock on the already open door. "Dress nice, we can go for dinner. I don't really feel like cooking tonight." He flashed a genuine smiled.

She watched him with no words for a few seconds. After blinking for the hundredth time she finally spoke. "Sure." She didn't mean to seem harsh towards Robert, but her day was pretty hectic already. Maybe dinner was a good idea, could give her time to calm down.

But she was still annoyed at her father for thinking she couldn't look after herself.

Luckily she trusted the Mitchell's, and so did her father. She had known them since she was around ten years old. Her father first got into some office job that Kim really didn't understand, and there he met Daryl Mitchell who introduced his then fifteen and eighteen year old sons to Kimberly, causing a friendship to form.

She had to turn to her wardrobe to look
For clothing instead while Robert headed into the upstairs washroom to clean himself up a little. After a small bit of searching she found a pale yellow, off the shoulder, fitting dress which complimented her very well.

She picked up a pair of white heels and finally underwear before heading downstairs for the shower. She quickly dropped her shoes by the dining table on her way. She was just about to open the door before Robert's voice spoke up. "Mind if I check it's suitable for where we're going?"

She had to admit, it was cute how he wanted to check. She quickly showed him her dress and he approved. "Lovely. Now hop in the shower. Don't worry about rushing." He waved his hands to usher her into the bathroom.

Kim stripped from the clothes she had been wearing all day — a black skirt, white shirt and a black cardigan with tights and maryjanes — and threw each item out the door as well as shouting to Robert, asking if he could put them in the washing machine for her. The same as she would when her father was there.