19| Panties

Kimberly stretched out her back causing it to click. Fayza punched her back to help — Kimberly was just about to ask but Zeezee knew her best friend well enough to know that. Just as the blonde looked up her eyes met a familiar pair. She immediately looked away.

"Don't tell me things are still awkward." Fayza side eyes Kim, turning her gaze to the raven boy. When Kim didn't answer a small smirk free on her face. "Why is it you broke up again?"

"No reason."

"There's obviously a reason." Zee scoffed. "How are you and Robert."

Finally Kim met her friend's eyes. "Fine."

Fayza's nose scrunched you as she smiled. "You're in loove." She sang. Taking about Robert and Kimberly's love life was the highlight of Fayza's school day.

Kim shoved the girl. "You need to shush."

"You're glowing. You're all loved you, and way more than you were with Elijah. Either you're dating, or you've admitted to yourself how you feel. So which is it?" She crossed her arms over her chest and turned her body completely towards her friend.

"Took you long enough." Kim mumbled.

"I knew it!" She screeched. "You're so in love! That's it! I'm writing a wattpad book about you."

"Zee-"

"Hush child." Fayza's brought her hand up to cover Kimberly's mouth. "It will be a masterpiece."

Kimberly slumped in her seat, knowing she ain't going to win. "Don't use my real name."

"Fine fine. Anyways, It's time to pray." Fayza jumped up from her sweet, overly bubbly that afternoon. She grabbed her things and three her bag over her shoulder.

"Want me to watch the door?" Kim looked up, already grabbing her bag in her hand.

"Could you?" Thankfully, the school had a small room designated to prayer for students that needed it, but some kids thought it would be funny to break the lock, stopping from students having any sort of privacy when praying. Ever since, Kimberly would always sit in front of the door, being sure that no one could disturb anyone doing the Salat al-thur prayer.

"Of course."

Kimberly stepped in through the front door, immediately her knees give out and she fell. "Woah." Caiden grunted as he caught her by the back of her coat. He pulled her back up, catching her in his arms. "You okay?"

She stared up at him. "I feel so tired."

"So you throw yourself on the floor?"

"Never heard of a drama Queen?" A smirk picked at the corner of her lips.

Caiden had a smile of his own as he pushes her into the living room and shoved her down on the couch. "My brother will be back from work soon. He's doing the grocery shopping today."

Kim furrowed her brows. "Are you not staying here tonight?"

"I need to go dog-sit for a friend."

She was quick to jump to her feet and grab the man's hand in his. "Dog?"

"Yep, my buddy just got a new puppy but his mother is feeling a little sick and she hates dogs. He just wants me to sit there for a couple of hours so he can go see her." Caiden began walking towards the laundry room so he could sort out some washing he put on before picking the girl up from school.

Kim didn't let go of him and followed. "Can I come?"

"I think you should help Robert with shopping. Maybe if he's in a good mood he'll bring you over afterwards." The brunette shook his hand so she would drop her hold. He went to pulling put the clothes from the machine, separating them into piles. One of Kimberly's chores was to separate the clothes into darks, lights and colours then one of the boys would throw it in the machine itself.