6| Pool

Kim was relaxing out by the pool. It wasn't exactly a huge pool but it was enough space for her floaty to act as a sun-bed as it slowly drifted to each side of the pool. It was a hot day, hotter than usual meaning she had no cares for the rest of the day except relaxing in the sun.

The only annoyance was a lot of banging and moving about in the street, but she did her best to tune it out. Robert on the other hand couldn't stand it. It was the weekend meaning it was the brother's days off. Caiden told Robert he would take over but Robert insisted that he didn't mind. So instead Caiden went out to do grocery shopping while Robert caught up with some paperwork. Or at least he was trying.

Kimberly was oh so close to falling asleep on her floaty until the sound of Robert slamming the garden door shut startled her. "What on earth is causing them to be so loud?"

"They're moving in." She shrugged.

"Are they moving an elephant? I'm going to ask them to keep it down." He grumbled before heading for the garden gate.

Kim sighed and pulled herself to the edge of the pool without getting wet and jogged after him, not even bothering with a towel to cover her bikini. "Robert!"

Robert was stood at the fence that divided the two front gardens with his arms crossed over his chest. "Do you mind keeping it down? It sounds like you're knocking it down not-"

"Kimberly? I didn't know you lived here." And as of fate has been watching over Fayza and Kimberly the previous day, there stood Elijah Black.

"Elijah, hi. Are you moving in?" She held curiosity in her eye.

He stepped closer towards the fence. "Yep. My parents wanted a change so here we are." The two shared a few classes but hardly ever spoke prior to this interaction.

"Kimberly, won't you introduce me to your friend, here?" Robert finally spoke up after watching the two in confusion. He took a step closer to the girl.

Before Kimberly could speak Elijah spoke up again. "I am so sorry. You must be Mr. Thorne." He outstretched his hands for Robert to shake.

Robert stared in outrage. "Do I look like her Father? I am five years older than her." His eyes bulged out of his head. I am not old.

Kimberly couldn't help but laugh. "Elijah, this is my friend, Robert. He's staying with me while my Father is away."

"Ah. That makes much more sense. I really am sorry." The boy retracted his hand and itched his neck from embarrassment. Clearly Robert was not a lot to shake his hand after that insult.

"Well, it was nice meeting you Ethan, now we have to head back-"

"Brother, are you bothering the neighbours?" Caiden's voice could be heard as he pulled up outside in his bright orange car, shades covering his eyes and a snug look in his face as his arm dangled out of the open window. "Here, take these bags inside." He popped open the boot of his car and began unloading shopping bags for his younger brother.

Robert simply rolled his eyes and did as his brother asked. Instead of helping, Caiden approached Kimberly and Elijah. "Hey, I'm Kimberly's sugar daddy, nice to meet you."

Kim shoved the joker of a man with a huff. "He's not. Now come on. Let's leave him alone." She insisted.

"It was nice seeing you, Kim." Elijah smiled before he entered his own new home.