3| Apple

After the two finished their food Robert paid, leaving no tip for the waiter — no surprise there. They headed back to his car, the sky now dark and beginning to fill with stars. Robert insisted on helping Kim with her seatbelt even if she was perfectly capable of doing it herself. And then they were off home

"Thank you for food." She spoke sheepishly, still
Rather embarrassed from earlier on.

"Well done for eating almost all of it." He replied, not taking his eyes off the road.

"So you're going to be staying at my house with me, right?" She mumbled her question while playing with her fingers. She felt awkward talking, but she felt the silence would be even worse.

"Yes, Kim."

"In the guest room?" Come on, where else would he sleep?

"Mhm." He hummed

"Okay." She practically whispered.

"Are you trying to force conversation?" He raised a brow, watching her from the corner of his eye.

"Uh- No."

"You don't need to be embarrassed about earlier. You're usually with your dad, it's unstable." He shrugged casually. "It's like when kids are young and accidentally call their teachers mum. It's a little embarrassing for a while, but soon forgotten."

"I guess, thank you." She glanced at the clock. "It's almost eleven. We've been out for a while."

"Is that so?" He checks his watch "I guess. We came home from the airport around six, and left for dinner around eight after you took forever in the shower and to get ready." He smirked.

"Oh shush." She laughed a little.

They arrived back at the house and Kim was quick to throw herself down on the couch. She grabbed the remote for the television and began to flick through the channels.

"And what do you think you're doing?" Robert raised a brow.

"Watching tv." She stated in an obvious tone of voice.

"No you're not." He reached for the remote and switched off the tv before she could even find a good show.

"Hey!" Kim jumped up in attempts to grab the remote from him but failed. He continued to move it around, switching from above his head to behind his back. A smile adorned his face as Kim struggled to keep up. She half considered jumping on him.

Suddenly he grabbed her arm, spinning her so her back was flush when his chest. "Bedtime, little girl." He spoke into her ear.

His breath fanned against her cheek. Her heartbeat raced. "Okay." She spoke so quietly she could barely hear the words leave her lips. She broke free and began to run up the stairs to her room.

Robert followed, wanting to make sure she got ready, and planning to go to bed himself too. He hadn't really seen her room before, so as she sat on her bed he took the time to admire the photos all over the wall, as well as a few fairy lights and all the things that showcases her personality.

"What're you doing?" She questioned, though not mad. just out of curiosity

"Your room is pretty." He commented casually. "Now you get pyjamas on, brush your teeth and head to sleep, okay?"