5| Delete

"Robert!" Kimberly called from the top of the staircase. "Fayza is coming over!"

"No problem!" Robert called back up the stairs and went back to whatever he was previously doing.

Kim hurried to clear some mess she had gathering in her room. Popping rubbish in a bin bag, throwing clothing in the hamper and of course, kicking some under the bed. Not even five minutes later a knock on the door was heard. Before Kim could get to the door Robert gladly answered. "Hey fayza, Kim is upstairs."

"Thanks Mr. Mitchell." The girl ran up the stairs towards Kim's room and burst in without knocking. "Did you hear that Jake and Elijah had a fight at school?"

Kim stared at the girl trying to take in what she has just said. "Red-head Jake?"

"Yes." She made herself comfortable on the girl's bed and took off her hijab, placing it on Kim's bedside cabinet. "Apparently Elijah was flirting with Savannah who I think is his girlfriend. But Elijah doesn't know that. Apparently." She scattered words around, not knowing any facts, only gossip that had been going around online.

Kimberly sat on the floor, opposite her best friend with her elbows on her knees, hands on her cheeks. "Is it bad that I find Elijah attractive?"

Zeezee thought for a moment. "You know what,
I don't blame you. He's got that tall dark and handsome look." She agreed with a cheeky grin.

"Exactly! And truthfully, he seems pretty sweet."

Fayza moved to get move comfortable, ready to spill all the gossip she had in her pretty head. "Well Katie said she went on a date with him and he was a true gentleman, picked her up at the door, roses, paid for dinner, everything."

"Awhhh that's sweet." Kim smiled.

"You should give it a shot, girly." She winked. "Princess treatment."

"No way." Kim laughed.

There was a fast knock at the door before it pushed open to show Robert at the other side.
"Ah! Delete!" He yelled and slammed the door. "I am so sorry! I didn't see anything!"

Zee couldn't help but burst into laughter while Kim covered her face in embarrassment. "It's fine. You didn't mean too." She threw a blanket over herself, not having enough time for the hijab.

Robert slowly opened the door once again, but this time with his back towards the girls so he couldn't see the girl at all. "I was gonna order pizza for dinner and wanted to check if it was a kind of food you couldn't have in your religion?"

Fayza looked to Kim with pursed lips, trying not to laugh at the man's care. "I'll have a margarita. Thank you, Robert."

"No problem. Kim, meat feast?"

"Yes please." That's all it took for the man to close the door and head back downstairs, leaving the two girls in peace. "I am so sorry about him." Kim sighed.

Zeezee pulled the yellow blanket off her head and smoothed down her hair. She smiled, knowing Robert meant no harm. "Don't worry about it, I know he didn't do it on purpose. He left so fast I'm not sure if he even saw."

That didn't stop the guilty smile on Kim's face. "I suppose. I don't want you uncomfortable."

"For goodness sake, will you shut up? He didn't do it on purpose, he was respectful about it and considerate. Now, down to the real questions." An almost evil grin plastered her face. "How're you two?"

Kim squinted. "What do you mean?"

"Well... any flirting? You need to keep me updated on these things!"

Kim shook her head in disbelief. "Wattpad has rotted your brain. It's been a week. What do you think has happened?"

Zee shifted once again, as if she was getting ready to tell a story. "I think you're falling more and more in love each and every hour you spend together. Then, I think you're gonna get married and beautiful babies that will call me auntie Zeezee."

Kim found herself once again staring at the girl as if she was crazy. "What- I- what?"

"Oh come on! Surely you-"

"I'm going to stop you right there." Kim raised her hand in the air. "Nothing is happening between Robert and I. Never will. He is my father's friend. Besides, he wouldn't want someone like me. He's intelligent, manly, kind of
Mysterious and-"

"Now it's my turn to stop you. Do you not hear yourself? You're gushing over him! And for the record, he's your father's friend's son. Less weird." Once fayza had something in her mind nothing would be capable of removing it. That was it. She was going to believe in a romance between the two for the rest of her life. "You'd be... Roberly, or Rimberly."

Kim looked at her disgusted. "No."

"Kobert? Kimbert. Oh! Kimbert. I like that." She got more and more excited with each word.

Kim watched as the girl practically spoke to herself the whole time. "Are you done?"

Fayza groaned overly loudly. "Why don't you romanticise your life?! You're living with a total hottie! He has so much Daddy energy I can practically smell it."

"Okay okay. Time to shut up." I hope to God he can't hear her. Kim practically begged.

The pizza had arrived. Robert sorted out what everyone wanted as fayza put her hijab on, this time Robert wouldn't have a total heart attack. They ate at the table, Robert opposite the two girls. He insisted that they could eat in Kim's room but zee didn't wanna be rude.

They chatted about school, classic small talk until the room fell silent. Robert was the first to break it. "So, what were you two screaming about?"

Kim's face paled, while Zeezee grew a smile and nudged her shy friend. "Nothing." Kim shook her head.

"Well by fayza's face that is a total lie. Fess up. Tell me. I like gossip." He took a sip of his water, eyes not once leaving the blonde.

Kim copied, taking a sip of her water, refusing to break eye contact. "Aren't you a bit old for gossip?"

Robert smirked in amusement. "You act like I'm ancient, I'm only five years older than you, little one."

Fazya cut in. "Okay you two lovebirds, pack it in." Robert and Kim turned to look at the girl, s startled look written all across their faces, like a child who had been caught in a cookie jar. Jeez, if they can't tell by now then they'll never tell.

Everything inside of me just wants to post every chapter I have but I know I can't do that otherwise you won't have an update in a while.

Oh oh, character profiles will be posted today on @kthorne101 on Instagram so check that out.

And, a reminder that I do write other books, another age regressor One will be up very shortly too so keep an eye on my page for that.

Love ya.
-k