8| Halloween

Kimberly strutted through the school halls, her best friend's hand in hers as she dragged her through the halls and to their next class. History. Kimberly loved it, Fayza hated it. "Okay, so Halloween is coming up and I know you don't celebrate it, but I need your advice. A playboy bunny, too cliche?"

Zeezee laughed. "The fact that you have to ask gives you your answer." She playfully rolled her eyes as they entered the classroom. "But I think it'll look good. What're you doing for Halloween?"

They took their seats in the middle row on the left, of course sitting besides each other. "Well Elijah is having a party and since he's now my neighbour, well he's invited me to go." Kim explained whiling pulling out her stationary.

She felt a hard slap to her left arm. "Elijah is your neighbour?!" Zee whisper yelled.

"Shut. Up." Kimberly bit back. "Yes. I thought I told you."

Zee scoffed. "Must have been your other best friend."

Lunch time came around and the two girls sat at their usual lunch table at the corner of the canteen, away from the hustle and bustle of hundreds of hungry teenagers. They were scrolling through online clothing stores to find Kimberly a costume for the up-coming party. "Your butt will be out." Fayza judged.

"Well I gotta show off what I have." She knew the girl never truly judged her, Fayza was simply one to always voice her opinions, that's why Kimberly enjoyed their friendship so much.

"Wear shorts at least. I don't want anything bad to happen." And even when she was judging, it was always to make sure Kim was safe. A true friend.

Kim nodded. "Of course, of course. I-"

"Hey, Kimberly." The girl was interrupted by a male voice. It was Elijah. "Mind if I sit?"

"She doesn't mind." Zeezee answered before Kim could even open her mouth. The girl practically jumped over the table in excitement. Kim kicked her friend in the shin.

Elijah chuckled but indeed took the seat opposite the blonde. "You're coming to my party, right?"

"Yep. I'm picking out my costume now." She nodded with a smile.

Elijah copied her smile, he couldn't help it. Her happiness was infectious. "Well don't tell me, I want it to be a surprise when I see you." Elijah was a charming man, he could play Prince Charming in a Disney film. He had a sharp jawline, a pearly white smile and hair that always seemed perfectly styled. Was he attractive? God yes. "I wanted to ask if you'd help me decorate my house the morning of the party. No pressure, just I notice you've got an eye for what looks good." He winked causing Kim to giggle.

He was talking about how she always accessorised her outfits, no matter what she wore. Today she had small bat wings clipped into her hair, to go with her black flowing dress in spirit of Halloween. "Sure! I enjoy decorating."

"Prefect." He made a move to stand to his feet but stopped in his tracks before he left the table. "Would you want to walk home with me today?"

Kim stared with an open mouth. Frozen in place. "Yeah, sure. Sounds great." She finally smiled. Oh my gosh, get it together. She felt stupid, but she wasn't used being put on the spot.

"Wonderful. I'll meet you outside art, that's your last lesson, right?" And with a nod of Kim's head, Elijah left to find his friends.

"Uhh... blondie?" Fayza hummed.

"Yeah?"

"Doesn't Robert usually pick you up?"

Kim sighed. "For goodness sake." How could you forget that?!

The bell was about to ring signalling then end of the day. Kimberly was washing up her paintbrushes when she heard a whisper. She turned her head to the left and there stood Elijah, head poking around the door. "Hey there, cutie."

She smiled. "How did you get out early?"

"Mrs chandler loves me, I told her I needed to pick something up from the library and she let me go." The boy was tall, and had a rather large build too. He was the classic popular boy. Except he wasn't a total ass like the others.

"Mr. Black, will you stop bothering Miss. Thorne please?" Mr. Jones — the art teacher — spoke up. "And get your head out of my classroom."

"Sorry, sir." He shot a wink in Kim's direction before shuffling out of the doorway and out of Kim's sight.

Once the bell rang the two took off, taking the semi-short walk home. The two spoke of a lot, yet at the same time nothing that even mattered. Elijah asked a lot of questions, wanting to know about the girls personality, teasing her about some of her answers, while Kimberly answered as truthful as possible.

"I bet your room is bright pink."

Kim scoffed. "Oh yeah? What makes you think that?"

Elijah raised a brow with a smirk. "Usually you're like a walking rainbow. Don't blame me for believing your home is the same."

"Well-" the shrill sound of Kim's phone ringing stopped her from speaking. She pulled it out of her coat pocket to see Robert's name flashing across the phone. "Shit." She mumbled before answering. "Hi, I'm-"

"Where are you? I've been waiting here for fifteen minutes. Are you okay?" Robert interrupted the girl rather rudely.

Kimberly stopped walking, Elijah copying. "I am so sorry! I walked home. I completely forgot to tell you."

"Walked home? Why? You know Caiden and I pick you up." He didn't sound impressed, nor did he sound angry. He sounded frustrated.

"A friend wanted to walk home with me." She mumbled.

Robert huffed. "Where are you? I'm coming to pick you up."

Kimberly rattled off her location and smiled shyly at Elijah before she ended the call. "I'm such an idiot. I forgot to tell my dad's friend that I was walking. He's picking me up from here."

She expected Elijah to be mad, but he wasn't. He laughed. "Well done. A little silly aren't you?" He placed a hand on her shoulder and pulled her in besides him. He raised his other hand to ruffle her hair.

"Just forgetful." She sighed.

Barely even two minutes passed until a car pulled up besides then. "Kimberly. Get in."

Kim span to see Robert sat in his car, an annoyed look plastered across his face. "Robert, I really am-"

"Get. In. The. Car." She sighed, waved Elijah goodbye before throwing herself into the passenger seat. Robert rolled the window up before continuing to drive. "What were you doing with that boy?"

"That's the friend who wanted to walk me home." She spoke as if it was obvious.

"A boy? You realise why he asked that, right?" Robert watched her from the corner of his eye. She stared at him with furrowed brows. "He's a boy, Kimberly! He just wants to get into bed with you."

Kim rolled her eyes and folded her arms over her chest. "You're a boy, is that what you want?"

Frustration burned in Robert's chest. His knuckles turned white with how tightly he held the wheel. "I am a man, and no that is not just a what I want." He growled.

"Then don't say that's what boys want." She didn't care much, but she felt as if the man was causing an argument over nothing. So she'd argue back.

"Kimberly." He bit. "I bet he had a hard on even looking at you! Teenage boys are hormones in the shape of people. He just wants to get his dick wet and he won't be getting that with you."

"You're being gross."

The car came to a sudden stop. They arrived at their house. "I'm being realistic. Now get in that house and don't frustrate me for the rest of today and maybe I'll take you for some ice-cream later."

I'm giving you an extra chapter... why you may ask? I made my friend bawl because of another book and she won't stop crying... this is me trying to make it up to her.

My book 'Desire' is an emotional rollercoaster man, apparently others think
so too...
-K