26》Cursed

It's been almost 3 weeks since I last talked to Harry. We were both still mad at each other. And like I predicted, Hermione was trustworthy. She supported me even though she wasn't all for the relationship. It was a Hogsmeade trip, and Draco and I spent the day together. He had said he had something to do and he led me to the 3 Broomsticks. We spotted the golden trio settling at a table.

"Go do whatever you were gonna do." I whispered in Draco's ear. He nodded and left, but not before giving me a peck on the lips. I walked up to their table. "What do you want Y/n?" Harry coldly asked. "Listen, I didn't come to argue. I just wanted to sit with Ron and Hermione. But if you have an issue with that, you can tell me rightnow." I snapped. Harry didn't say anything else, so I took a seat.

Ron noticed Ginny and Dean Thomas in a corner booth, sitting closely and whispering. "Bloody hell." the ginger said, uncomfortably. "Ron they're only holding hands." Hermione assured. "And snogging." I added, looking at the scene unfold. "I'd like to leave." Ron declared.

"What? You can't be serious." Hermione said.

"I have to. That's my sister."

"So? What if she looked at you snogging me? Would you expect her to get up and leave?"

I pursed my lips at the awkwardness of the conversation. Harry waved Professor Slughorn over to break the awkwardness. "Harry, my boy!" Greeted a slightly drunk Slughorn. Harry got up. "It's so wonderful to see you, Professor."

"And you. And you." Slughorn said. "So, what brings you here?" Harry asked. "The 3 Broomsticks and I go way back further than I care to admit. I remember when it was 1 Broomstick." Slughorn replied, tilting his cup too much. I jumped when the burning fluid hit my lap. "Oh! All hands on deck, Jeon." He said to me. He turned back to Harry.

"Listen. In the old days, I used to throw together the occasional supper party for a selective student or two. Would you be game?"

"I consider it as an honor sir." Harry accepted. "You'd be welcome too, ladies." The Professor said to me and Hermione. "I'd be delighted sir." Hermione put on a fake smile. "I too." I agreed. "Splendid! Look for my owl." Slughorn turned to Ron. "Good to see you, Wallenbee." And Slughorn left.

"What are you playing at?" Ron asked Harry. "Dumbledore's asked me to get to know him." Harry answered. "Get to know him?" I repeated. "Don't know." Harry said, "It must be important. If not, Dumbledore wouldn't ask."

Hermione finally set her cup of Butterbeer down, but she had some cream at the top of her lip. We informed her, and she wiped it away, embarrassed.

***

"I'm just saying, what do you even see in Malfoy? You've hated him for all these years!" Harry argued. "If you had gotten a chance to actually get to know him, you'll find he isn't all that bad." I protested. All of a sudden, a scream was heard. Ahead of us was Katie Bell on the floor. Her friend looked at us.

"I warned her. I warned her not to touch it." Katie's friend told us. We watched as Katie was moved from left to right then up into the air. Her mouth was wide open as if she tried to scream, but nothing came out. She then dropped to the ground.

"Don't get any closer." Hagrid's voice came from behind us. "Get back. All of you." He walked past us and picked up Katie, bridal style. Harry walked over to what Katie had touched. "Do not touch that," Hagrid stated. "Except for the wrappings. Do you understand?"

***

"Why is it that when something happens, it is always you four?" Mcgonagall asked us. "Believe me, Professor. I've been asking myself the same question for 6 years." Ron sighed.

"Oh, Severus." Professor Mcgonagall said as Snape entered the classroom. He took a look at the necklace. "What do you think?" Mcgonagall asked. "I think Ms. Bell, is lucky to be alive." Snape replied. "She was cursed, wasn't she?" Harry piped up. "I know Katie. Off the Quidditch pitch she wouldn't hurt a fly. If she was delivering that to Professor Dumbledore, she wasn't doing it knowingly."

"Yes, she was cursed." Mcgonagall said.

"It was Malfoy." Harry accused. I turned to him in disbelief. "What the hell?" I asked. "That is a very serious accusation, Potter." Professor Mcgonagall said. "Indeed." added Snape. "Your evidence?"

"I just know." said Harry. "You just...know." Snape repeated. Once again, you're astonished with your gift, Potter, given a mortal can only dream of possessing. How grand it must be to be the Chosen One." Everyone stayed quiet as Harry and Snape stared hard at each other. Professor Mcgonagall broke the silence. "I suggest you go back to your dormitories. All of you." I turned to walk away, making sure to bump into Harry's shoulder.

As we walked back, Hary and I started bickering yet again. "How on Earth could you think Draco did that?" I asked. "Oh, I don't know, maybe because he's a Death Eater." he shot back, using a sarcastic tone. "I was with him the entire time at Hogsmeade until that incident happened. And he is not a Death Eater!" I argued. Having enough, I walked faster to get ahead of them.

Harry's been really getting on my nerves this year. He's been obsessing over that stupid Half-blood textbook, and he's obsessing over that fact that he thinks Draco is a Death Eater. Merlin, Harry's lost it this year.

________________________________

Gotta admit, even though I'm writing Harry to be like this, I'm kinda hating on him rightnow. Comment if you agree with me.
Anyway, vote, share, and comment. I love you all! ❤💚💙💛