8》Courtyard Conflict

[Author-nim: sorry for the short chapter guys.]

I had just gotten out of the library from returning a book. The corridor was piling up with students going a certain direction. What was going on? Curiosity got the best of me and I ended up following the crowd of students. On my way, Malfoy and I somehow got pushed next to each other. I looked at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"Got any idea what could be going on?" I asked him. "Not a clue." Malfoy replied. We continued walking towards the courtyard and everybody was crowded around what seemed to be Professor Trelawney sitting on her big trunk. Filch plopped another trunk next to her. Umbridge was also part of the scene.

"16 years, I have lived and taught here. Hogwarts is my home. You can't do this." Trelawney said, trying to hold back her tears. Umbridge gave a face of fake pity. She held up a paper in front of Trelawney's face while wearing a succeeding smile. "Actually, I can."

When the Professor let out the tears, McGonagall rushed through the crowd and held onto a sobbing Professor Trelawney. "Something you'd like to say?" Umbridge questioned McGonagall smugly. "There are several things I'd like to say." She shot back.

The castle doors opened and some students made way for Dumbledore who walked out. "Professor McGonagall might I ask you to escort Sybil back inside?"

She did as told. "Dumbledore, might i remind you that under the terms of educational decree number 23, as enacted by the minis-"

"You have the right to dismiss my teachers, but you do not, however, have the authority to banish them from the grounds. That power remains with the headmaster." Dumbledore cut her off. "For now." Umbridge responded in her annoying high-pitched voice.

After that was said, the two stared stared at each other menacingly. Dumbledore diverted his gaze to the sea of students. "Don't you all have studying to do?" He then made his way back inside the castle. The students began walking away to their next classes.

How could that toadface attempt to throw out a teacher?! Just 'cause she comes from the Ministry doesn't mean she has all the power in the world. "Hey you coming?" Malfoy's hard voice got me back to reality. I nodded slightly and strolled to my next class in deep thought.

__________________________

I know this chapter was uneventful. My mind is blanking out rightnow and I have a lot of chores to do so I don't get enough time to put much thought into my upcoming chapters. I apologize for that. But I hope you guys are enjoying. Love you! ❤💚💙💛