27》 The Slug Club

[I apologize for the short chapter.]

"Why do I feel like I'm gonna regret this, 'Mione?" I asked, as we got ready for Professor Slughorn's 'Slug Club' dinner. "Because you just might, knowing how you are." Hermione told me. I chuckled. She's got a good point.

***

"So tell me, Cormac, do you see anything of your Uncle Tibirus these days?" Professor Slughorn asked Cormac McLaggen during dessert. "Yes, sir. In fact, I'm meant to go hunting with him and the Minister of Magic in the holidays." McLaggen boasted. Tch. Show off. "Well, be sure to give them both my best." Slughorn said. "What about you're Uncle, Belbey? For those of you who don't know, Marcus' uncle invented the Wolfsbane potion. Is he working on anything new?"

A dude chugging down the ice cream replied, "Don't know. Him and Dad don't get along. Dad thinks potion's rubbish."

"And what about you, Miss Granger? What exactly does your family do in the Muggle world?" All attention went on Hermione. "My parents are dentists." Everyone stopped what they were doing to stare at Hermione. They were all confused as to what a dentist was, except for Harry and I. Hermione continued. "They tend to people's teeth."

"Fascinating. And is that considered a dangerous profession?"

"No, although one boy, Robby Fenwick, did bite my father once. He needed ten stitches." Hermione laughed. But everyone else stayed quiet. The sound of the door opening was heard and Ginny entered. "Ah, Ms. Weasley. Come in, come in." the Professor greeted.

Ginny's eyes were red and puffy. She had been crying. And you could tell she tried covering it up. "Look at her eyes. They've been fighting again, her and Dean." Hermione whispered to Harry and I.

"Sorry. I'm not usually late." Ginny apologized. At that moment, Harry stood up for no reason, building the awkward tension. "No matter. Just in time for dessert. That is if Belbey left you any." Slughorn laughed at his own joke. The two sat down. I gave Harry a weird look. "What?" he asked harshly. "Nothing." I turned away only to find McLaggen staring at me and licking ice cream off his finger rather seductively. I cleared my throat and looked away, uncomfortable. Oh no. I think I have an admirer.

____________________________

I know, I know. This chapter was short. You guys probably don't like that. Sorry. But if you've published your own story, you'll know how stressing it is. Anyway,...
Comment, share, vote. ❤💚💙💛