29》 Punched in the Face

Harry, Hermione, and I were in the library, Hermione putting books in their rightful place and Harry and I following her while chatting.

"He's at perfect levity to kiss whomever he likes. I really couldn't care less. Was I under the impression he and I would be attending Slughorn's Christmas party together, yes. Now, given the circumstances, I've had to make other arrangements." Hermione ranted. "Have you?" Harry asked. "Yes." She answered. "Why?"

"Oh, I just thought, seeing as neither of us can go with who'd we'd really like to, we should go together as friends. All three of us, actually. As a group." Harry offered. Hermione sighed. "Why didn't I think of that?"

"Who are you going with?" I asked the Muggle-born. "Um, Seamus. Don't get me wrong, he's a nice person, but..." Hermione trailed off.[Author-nim: just go with it.] "Anyway, it's Harry we've got to worry about. You can't just take anyone." Hermione's voice quieted down. "See that girl over there? That's Romilda Vane. Apparently she's trying to smuggle you a love potion."

"Really?" Asked Harry, slightly amused. I snapped my fingers in his face, gaining his attention. "Hey! She's only interested in you because she thinks you're the Chosen One." I stated. "But I am the Chosen One." The boy boasted. I slapped his head with a copy of the Daily Prophet that I held in my hand.

"K. Sorry. Um,...kidding. I-I'll ask someone I like. Someone cool." He assured us girls. A part of me didn't buy his statement, but I chose on not saying anything.

***
It was time for the Christmas party and Cormac and I found each other. "You look stunning." Cormac said, whilst kissing my hand. I slightly smiled. "Thank you." We walked into the room. I have to be honest, I'm dreading this rightnow. Cormac is so full of himself and he thinks he can get any girl he wants, including me. Pfft. As if. He's nothing but a dense, over confident dimwit.

After a while at the party, Cormac grabbed my hand before saying, "It's getting quite boring, don't you think? Here, follow me." He led us out into an empty corridor just outside the party.

Without warning, he pressed me against the wall and kissed me hungrily. Wtf?! My eyes widened at the sudden action. I didn't kiss him back; why would I? Instead, he recieved my fist in his face. What would make him think that i would give in to that kiss? I have a boyfriend for Godric's sake. And speaking of my boyfriend...

| Draco's POV |

I was walking across an empty corridor when I saw the worst sight I could possibly see. Cormac McLaggen kissing Y/n. How dare he touch what's mine. My stomach tightened and I clenched my fists, nails digging into my flesh. But, I immediately calmed down once Y/n socked McLaggen in the face. He fell over, clutching his cheek.

"That's what you get and deserve, Mclaggen." I heard Y/n say. She looked over in my direction, locking eyes with me. I smirked and mouthed, "That's my girl."

Y/n smiled back and walked into the party again.

| Y/n's POV |

I walked back into the party and hid behind the curtains, hiding from Cormac, even though the curtains probably wasn't the best hiding spot. Harry seemed to have notice me, because he soon joined me. "Y/n? What're doing? And what happened to you?"

"I've just escaped. I mean, I left Cormac with a punch in the face after he kissed me." I admitted.

"Cormac?" Harry sighed. "I still don't know why you decided to go with him." A waiter with a serving tray then moved the curtain to acknowledge us. "Dragon Tartar?"

"No thanks, I'm good." I denied.

"Just this once. They give one horribly bad breath." The waiter said. Gotta say, I don't know why he would say that it gives bad breath while trying to convince us to eat it. Although, it's also as if he heard the conversation between Harry and I because in this case, bad breath was exactly what I needed to keep Cormac away. "On second thought..." I took the dish and bit into one of the Dragon Tartars. I immediately spit it back out, however, after tasting it. "Oh Merlin. Here he comes." I said after spotting Cormac. I handed the tray to Harry and snuck away. I hurried over to Luna, who was the first person I saw.

"Hi Luna." I greeted. "Hello Y/n. My, you look lovely." The blonde girl complimented. "Thanks. Um, you don't look bad yourself." I said, looking at the odd dress she wore. "Thank you." Luna smiled.

Suddenly, the doors open and Filtch came in with a struggling Draco. All the attention fell on them. "Get your hands off me, you filthy Squib." Draco demanded. Filtch ignored him. "Professor Slughorn, sir, I just discovered this boy lurking in an upstairs corridor. He claims to be invited to your party." The Squib notified. Draco and I stared at each other as Filtch informed the Potions teacher. I showed concern in my facial expression. Draco looked away.

"Ok, ok. I was gatecrashing. Happy?" Draco admitted. Snape walked up to them. Wait. Snape's been here this whole time?! "I'll escort him out." The blonde got out of Filtch's grasp. "Certainly...Professor." The two men walked out.

"Alright, everyone carry on, carry on." Slughorn said, ushering all of us to continue what we were doing. Harry and I shared a look and together we followed Snape and Draco. We hid behind a wall, listening to the conversation.

"Maybe I hexed that Bell girl, maybe I didn't. What's it to you?" Draco said.

"I swore to protect you. I made the Unbreakable Vow." Snape said. 

"I don't need protection. I was chosen for this. Out of all others, me. I won't fail him."

"You're afraid, Draco. You attempt to conceal that, but it's obvious. Let me help you-"

"No! I was chosen. This is my moment."

A tear rolled down my cheek as I looked at Harry. He wiped it away and embraced my figure. What was Draco hiding? Why won't he tell me? I want to help him with whatever it is he's going through. I need to find out what he's doing.

***

Harry, Ron, and I were in a compartment on the Hogwarts Express, going home for the holidays.

"The Unbreakable Vow." Harry said. "You're sure that's what Snape said." Ron made sure. "Positive. Why?" I replied. "It's just...you can't break an Unbreakable Vow." Ron stated the obvious.

"I-I, I worked that put myself, actually." Harry said, matter-of-factly.

"I don't understand." Ron said. "Oh, bloody hell."

I turned to where Ron's gaze was directed to, only to find Lavender Brown. I looked at Harry, who was already looking at me with a face that said, 'this is awkward', and I raised my eyebrows on response. He and I minded our own business until the girl left. "Lovely." I said to Ron, making sure the sarcasm in my tone was obvious.

"All she wants to do is snog me. My lips are getting chapped, look." Ron leaned closer to Harry and I as we back away in our seat. "I'll take your word for it." Harry said. Hermione passed by, took a glance at the 'art' Lavender created on the door, and walked away.

"So what happens to you? What happens when you break an Unbreakable Vow?" Questioned Harry. "You die." Ronald breathed out.

______________________________

Comment, share, vote. I love you! Thanks for reading!❤💚💙💛